Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 10:16 AM

Re: Brexit Vote Analysis

I imagine a lot of 30-35's voted to remain. Mainly because after listening to a discussion it was mentioned that since about 2003/4 university education has been taught on the whole concept of globalisation. Which doesn't surprise me. No doubt something else introduced by the EU .
' Brain Washing ' springs to mind ,when thinking about it, no wonder Tony Blair wanted everyone to go to University !
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:04 PM

Surprise surprise - those who have lost most/gained least from EU membership - the poor and ill-educated - voted to leave. Just because you are poor and poorly educated doesn't mean you are thick. In fact, it was an extremely sensible decision by the majority of those who voted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Agreed,

I spoke to a number of youngsters / college / uni kids who (if they bothered!) voted remain.

Reason?

"Coz I can travel around Europe wiv no bovva innit"...

I despair....

And that's our future. I despair.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Right. They have nothing positive to go on. Their campaign was run on negatives of what might happen if we vote leave. Originally they were going to find 10 positive points to run the campaign on, then they reduced to 5, then they decided they'd go the other route and play the negative game. So the would be 'remainers', still don't know what they might have missed out on because they were never told .
You're perfectly correct.

I have asked remainers for examples of advantages of remaining in the EU, and have yet to hear any.

The only responses have been wishy washy ramblings which inevitably turn to the negatives of leaving.

My conclusion is that there are no benefits to the country as a whole of remaining in the EU, and I have yet to be proved wrong.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-02-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Many people are of the opinion that the BBC is biased against Brexit
Yes, it is quite probable that people with more/higher education voted Remain. Unfortunately a degree has now been devalued so much that it doesn't mean what it used to
Just because you're intelligent, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have any common sense

In fact, if you are younger and have spent most of your life in school & university you will be less likely to see or experience the problems that people have in the wider world
And, of course, those who have benefited from higher education over recent years have also 'benefited' from left wing political ideology spouted by their lefty-liberal tutors.

I have seen papers written by these so-called graduates with the most ridiculously simple spelling and grammatical mistakes. They seem to know everything about left wing politics but nothing about the basics of English.

If that's called 'education' then I suggest it should be renamed 'brainwashing'.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 06:35 PM

The bbc has published a detailed sociological study of the referendum voting patterns and has correlated it with the demographic characteristics of the electoral wards. Put very bluntly the leavers tended to be older, whiter and thicker ! tee hee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
The bbc has published a detailed sociological study of the referendum voting patterns and has correlated it with the demographic characteristics of the electoral wards. Put very bluntly the leavers tended to be older, whiter and thicker ! tee hee.

I had worked that one out for myself, the reason a lot of them gave was, "I don't want Turkey to join the EU". Mind you I am older than a lot of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-02-2017, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->

How very reassuring, considering it comes from the completely unbiased BBC!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How very reassuring, considering it comes from the completely unbiased BBC!
Another myth always trotted out by the rednecks.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 07:09 PM

My understanding of the term redneck is it is a description of the working class white poor in the southern part of the US. How strange that you use the term to as a derogatory way describe the people you claim to sympathise with and support. Just because they voted for something you don't approve of.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top