Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:20 AM

Re: Marine Le Pen

No, their right wing image is just a media illusion. They are in fact positively marxist in their approach. Here are some reasons : 1.They have empowered the proletariat to revolt against the ruling class. 2. They are against globalisation and the capitalist exploitation of the workers. 3. they have acquired a large tranche of labour voters. 4. They want a secular state. 5. they want to close the borders. 6. They are planning to seize land and give it to the people. 7. "power to the people" is part of their manifesto.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:45 AM

I think she and Frexit are in the bag.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No, their right wing image is just a media illusion. They are in fact positively marxist in their approach. Here are some reasons : 1.They have empowered the proletariat to revolt against the ruling class. 2. They are against globalisation and the capitalist exploitation of the workers. 3. they have acquired a large tranche of labour voters. 4. They want a secular state. 5. they want to close the borders. 6. They are planning to seize land and give it to the people. 7. "power to the people" is part of their manifesto.
1. You mean they are in favour of democracy? Yes.

2. Against exploitation of the workers? Yes, I'd go along with that too. I wouldn't call it Marxist, though.

3. Attracted Labour voters? Yes, undoubtedly, especially since the Labour party no longer supports the British working man.

4. Do they want a secular state? You think they'd like to remove the Queen and her successors? I haven't heard of that.

5. Close the borders? Yes, definitely, but we can open them for people we believe would benefit our country.

6. Seize land and give it to the people? Which bits? Seize from whom? Give it to which people?

7. Power to the people? Please see no. 1.

8. Oh.... there isn't a number 8.

Yes, I am all in favour of UKIP and their manifesto, but I wouldn't compare them to the Communist party or Comrade Corbyn either.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 01:41 AM

The difference is, UKIP couldn't form a Government.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The difference is, UKIP couldn't form a Government.
Of course they could if enough people voted for them.

The real reason for UKIP having only one MP (despite gaining 14 million votes) is our 'first past the post' electoral system.

Fair?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I think she and Frexit are in the bag.
Lets hope so.

I kinda like her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course they could if enough people voted for them.

The real reason for UKIP having only one MP (despite gaining 14 million votes) is our 'first past the post' electoral system.

Fair?

Isn't a similar US system why clinton lost?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Isn't a similar US system why clinton lost?
I think so.

The voting systems are all wrong really.
It should be simply by number of votes imo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-02-2017, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I am all in favour of UKIP and their manifesto, but I wouldn't compare them to the Communist party or Comrade Corbyn either.

But their policies are pretty lefty aren't they when you start to look at them separately from their media image? Or maybe someone could tell me which bits are right wing? Everyone having a say isn't terribly right wing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-02-2017, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I think so.

The voting systems are all wrong really.
It should be simply by number of votes imo.

Number of votes is how we ended up with Hitler in power

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top