Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Re: Make Australia Great!

Good job you are not down under then .UJ
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Heatwaves can be hugely dangerous for those of us with breathing difficulties.
I find the heat so much better than cold air and damp air.

I like the heat in Spain mainly because it is so dry with all the salt lakes about near where I visit.
Apparently it is the most healthiest place in Europe for people with breathing difficulties.
So I am guessing I would like the heat in Australia.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
.... It is an unfortunate fact of life that Australia is so insignificant when it comes to Global Trade that nobody takes any notice of you.
Yes and no.
Any country with just 24 million people will not be a major international trader.
But proportionate to population, we probably do OK.

We are the world's largest producer of iron ore.
China buys heaps of that iron ore, as well as coal and liquefied natural gas.
Fair chance they take some notice of us.

If we're going to have some sort of pissing contest about this, one might wonder why the Netherlands exports considerably more than the UK - with one quarter of the population ?

Less than 1%% of our trade is with the UK - partly because you've got precious little that we need or want - but also because of geography.
Much easier for us to trade with China, Japan, India, Indonesia most of South-east Asia.
We do manage to flog off a heap of cattle, sheep agricultural products and even wine and seafood as well.

But what the hell, 'trade' is not everything.
Lifestyle has many facets.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 06:32 PM

Coo no way would I live there!
Spiders waiting to bite your bum.
Every thing else on land or sea trying to eat you.

Then there's these!

Drop bears target tourists, study says

BY Amy Middleton |
April 01, 2013

Drop bears are less likely to attack people with Australian accents, according to experts at the University of Tasmania

Click image for larger version

Name:	drop-bear.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	2643

Ok I did notice the date.

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 06:42 PM

Apart from sharks and crocs, there are no native beasties likely to come after you Treg.
And they're pretty easily avoided by anyone with half a brain.
Most victims seem to be tourists who won't listen or can't read.

As for insect-type bities (spiders and such) they are far too selective to choose a Pommy bum to bite.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I find the heat so much better than cold air and damp air.

I like the heat in Spain mainly because it is so dry with all the salt lakes about near where I visit.
Apparently it is the most healthiest place in Europe for people with breathing difficulties.
So I am guessing I would like the heat in Australia.
That is true Longfellow. Mr Clumsy is an asthma sufferer and along with the associated chest problems he was hospitalised often in England. In Africa and here in Spain he hasn't had to be hospitalised once with chest problems. He's had the occasional rattly/wheezy chest infection, but cleared up fairly quickly. He has his tablets and inhalers here, just the same, but he certainly doesn't have the same problems he used to have. He didn't have asthma problems in Africa either, only malaria ones.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That is true Longfellow. Mr Clumsy is an asthma sufferer and along with the associated chest problems he was hospitalised often in England. In Africa and here in Spain he hasn't had to be hospitalised once with chest problems. He's had the occasional rattly/wheezy chest infection, but cleared up fairly quickly. He has his tablets and inhalers here, just the same, but he certainly doesn't have the same problems he used to have. He didn't have asthma problems in Africa either, only malaria ones.
I also find I don't need my meds so much and my walking did improve a hell of a lot. I walked from Punta Prima right along to Cabo Riogs ..Capitan Beach. Which I am sure you know is a long old walk occasionally stopping for a breather and a cup of tea {typical Brit.lol) Then upto that new La Zenia shopping centre before I called my sister to come and pick me up.
Yes its very healthy over there just been looking at the flights from Southend to Alicante in May rediculasly cheap prices Ģ69 for me and the missus return. Just a pity I can't get anyone to mind my dog.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I also find I don't need my meds so much and my walking did improve a hell of a lot. I walked from Punta Prima right along to Cabo Riogs ..Capitan Beach. Which I am sure you know is a long old walk occasionally stopping for a breather and a cup of tea {typical Brit.lol) Then upto that new La Zenia shopping centre before I called my sister to come and pick me up.
Yes its very healthy over there just been looking at the flights from Southend to Alicante in May rediculasly cheap prices Ģ69 for me and the missus return. Just a pity I can't get anyone to mind my dog.
If your dog has a passport there are people who will drive your dog over for you. There are many ads in our local papers, you could get your sister to check some out for you.

Itīs a fair walk from Punta Prima to Cabo Roig, but a pleasant one. Punta Prima has had a lot of work done, they have some very nice chiringuitas on the beach to the right of the Nautilus now, itīs very nice there now.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 02:56 AM

I've found temps here in Oz very misleading.A mid 20 day can be very humid and the Australian sun can be very hot even if there's a cold breeze.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 05:39 AM

Due to the large number of sheep there are thousands of flies in Ozland .
Luckily they know we are British -no flies on us -and only land on aussies when they take off their hats with corks attached

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top