Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 08:45 AM

Rotator Cuff Dissorder.

For the past 4 months at least my shoulders and the tops of my outer arms have been really painful especially when raising my arms.
I do weights mainly to help my breathing 5kilos is my limit these days but it strengthens my chest muscles and is reccomended by my copd team and consultant.

But before christmas the pains where getting so bad I was losing power even typing on my computer my arms would just drop onto the keyboard like some one had flipped a switch.

Anyways my gp said rest and ibrufen painkillers.
To tell the truth I was not happy with her prognosis but I carried on mainly because I hate surgerys and hospitals so the less I see of them the better. Anyways surgerys are full of germs and my immune systen is not that good.

So I carried on with the weights but dropping to 2 kilos and took the ibrufen which by the way is no good for people with dodgy breathing problems.

Anyways last night I decided to look on the internet and put in my symptoms which is something I always say one should not do.
Guess what she is right, well half right .
Her words were that its because I have spondylosis in my neck that I have this problem.
Which is wrong but her words of rest and pain killers were right because according to Google I may well have Rotator Cuff Disorder.
Rotator Cuff Disorders - What Are the Symptoms of Rotator Cuff ...

Symptoms. A rotator cuff disorder causes pain and weakness in your shoulder. It may be uncomfortable or impossible to do everyday activities, such as combing your hair, tucking in your shirt, or reaching above your head. Most often, you will feel the pain on the side and front of your upper arm and shoulder.

Now I feel alot happier with that prognosis than the first at least I know if I rest and take the painkillers it will get better were as telling me it was caused by my spondylocis, that would mean I would have it for the rest of my life.

Thank god for Google..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:45 AM

Re: Rotator Cuff Dissorder.

I google my symptoms too , im not happy on what it throws up,so I shall ignore them.
When you have been diagnosed by a GP it is useful to google for a more fuller explanation , but then is it more harmful to know the extent .
Well im pleased you are happier with your Google reply .
and hope you're soon feeling better .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:47 AM

It sounds painful Longfellow I hope you get some relief soon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Sounds painful hope you get better soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:46 AM

Aww, poor Bigfellow, try to keep to what was prescribed and give things a chance to settle down. Hope you feel a bit better soon. x
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:21 PM

I have a similar problem following damage to two discs in my neck and nerve damage(Brachia something or other)....this was eased by heat treatment but eventually needing steroid injections every 3 months.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have a similar problem following damage to two discs in my neck and nerve damage(Brachia something or other)....this was eased by heat treatment but eventually needing steroid injections every 3 months.
Would not be happy with those injections but if needs must then I will.

Kind of hoping I can get ontop of this with rest and painkillers and hoping by summer I will be able to get back on with my woodwork.

Has it is I have 2 of the grandkids and my boy visiting half term so they can paint my stairwell ceilings and walls.

I am not in pain 24/7 just when I forget and try and do stuff I should'nt.

Thanks guys.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top