Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:11 AM

Brexit Bill: These are the MPs who voted against the £350m NHS amendment

During the referendum campaign a large part of the 'nasty party' who supported the brexiteers, put forward that the money saved from our contributions to the EU, could be used instead to be paid to the NHS. - Remember the 'battle bus' and what was written on the side of it???

However, after TM moved the Bill to actually exit the EU, such promise was missing. Chuka Ammunna a Labour MP put forward an amendment to the Bill to re-instate that promise. Guess what??? - all of the 'nasty party' including both IDS and Boris voted AGAINST such amendment when put to the test - scumbag, lying 'nasty party'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7570591.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7570336.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Re: Brexit Bill: These are the MPs who voted against the £350m NHS amendment

I can't believe how some people can be so thick.

After Brexit, we shall not be richer to the tune of £350 million. That's the figure we nominally pay to the EU, but we get back about half of that (under certain conditions of how we must spend it, of course).

When we have left, I believe that most of the beneficiaries of the EU's 'generous refunds' are likely to continue to receive the money they presently get, although this should be examined as it is possible that the money could be more wisely spent when no EU restrictions are in place.

The real financial benefit will be roughly half of the above figure. What this £180 million or so is spent on will have to be decided. I cannot see it all suddenly going to the NHS, although I hope that much of it will be.

As we have already discussed at great length, there are a number of other NHS concerns that need to be addressed urgently and certainly before Brexit:
- health tourism
- the number of managers
- inefficient management
- ambulance chasers
- social care and bed blocking
- charges to deter unnecessary visits to A&E
- charges to deter unnecessary visits to GPs
- drunks
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:00 PM

Did anyone actually believe that bus ? It was just one lie amongst many we were told on both sides I may add. Both sides lied.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't believe how some people can be so thick.

After Brexit, we shall not be richer to the tune of £350 million. That's the figure we nominally pay to the EU, but we get back about half of that (under certain conditions of how we must spend it, of course).

When we have left, I believe that most of the beneficiaries of the EU's 'generous refunds' are likely to continue to receive the money they presently get, although this should be examined as it is possible that the money could be more wisely spent when no EU restrictions are in place.

The real financial benefit will be roughly half of the above figure. What this £180 million or so is spent on will have to be decided. I cannot see it all suddenly going to the NHS, although I hope that much of it will be.

As we have already discussed at great length, there are a number of other NHS concerns that need to be addressed urgently and certainly before Brexit:
- health tourism
- the number of managers
- inefficient management
- ambulance chasers
- social care and bed blocking
- charges to deter unnecessary visits to A&E
- charges to deter unnecessary visits to GPs
- drunks
You missed procurement there, NHS pays through the nose for many things.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Did anyone actually believe that bus ? It was just one lie amongst many we were told on both sides I may add. Both sides lied.
Yes but interestingly both sides were heavily populated by and most vociferous members of the scumbag 'nasty party'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-02-2017, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes but interestingly both sides were heavily populated by and most vociferous members of the scumbag 'nasty party'
And why not it wasn't a party political question being asked. Whether we are in or out of the Eu was a question that couldn't be left or right.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 02:23 PM

And why not it wasn't a party political question being asked. Whether we are in or out of the Eu was a question that couldn't be left or right.
No it wasn't 'party' political per se, but nonetheless senior members of 'Brexit' (as I pointed out above) have lied through their teeth in order to get the public to vote Brexit. Having achieved their aim, they have reneged on their promise to spend even some of the money saved on rescuing the NHS.

Typical lying scumbags of the 'nasty party'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-02-2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No it wasn't 'party' political per se, but nonetheless senior members of 'Brexit' (as I pointed out above) have lied through their teeth in order to get the public to vote Brexit. Having achieved their aim, they have reneged on their promise to spend even some of the money saved on rescuing the NHS.

Typical lying scumbags of the 'nasty party'.
Both sides lied, both sides continue to lie too and if wasn't just Tory party members. On this one you are pointing at only one side when it was endemic on both sides.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 02:30 PM

Both sides lied, both sides continue to lie too and if wasn't just Tory party members. On this one you are pointing at only one side when it was endemic on both sides.

Yes Julie both sides lied - on one side we have David Cameron and Theresa May, and on t'other we have Boris Johnson and Michael Gove - all leading members of the 'nasty party'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Well we will have to agree to differ I've heard plenty of labour lies and even more from lib dems and greens on this, and they are continuing to lie even now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top