Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:41 AM

Lord Dubs to take on Government over deceitful child refugee U-turn

the scumbag 'nasty party' have quietly dropped their promise to accept unaccompanied refugee children from Syria.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7570586.html
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Re: Lord Dubs to take on Government over deceitful child refugee U-turn

Good thing too
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Good thing too

Who pulled your chain ???
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:15 PM

and why should we?

whilst it's all very sad we can't even look after our own.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
and why should we?

whilst it's all very sad we can't even look after our own.

But Cameron, on behalf of the (Nasty party) Government promised we would. Which just goes to prove yet again what a lying load of scumbags the 'nasty party' are!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:24 PM

A broken promise......broken by someone who didn't make that promise...after revision?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:25 PM

I seem to remember some of these "children" arriving last year, and children they were not. But having said that, refugees in Europe have already reached a place of safety and as far as I can understand it no country in Europe is spending more on the welfare of Syrian refugees than this one but why that should be the case I know not.

At the end of the day though it's all very well for you do gooders wearing your heart on your sleeve professing to want to save the world, but not many of you are willing to do any more than. Just how many evacuees live in your block of flats Joe.?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I seem to remember some of these "children" arriving last year, and children they were not. But having said that, refugees in Europe have already reached a place of safety and as far as I can understand it no country in Europe is spending more on the welfare of Syrian refugees than this one but why that should be the case I know not.

At the end of the day though it's all very well for you do gooders wearing your heart on your sleeve professing to want to save the world, but not many of you are willing to do any more than. Just how many evacuees live in your block of flats Joe.?
I don't live in a 'block' of flats. I live in a house which has been converted into separate flats.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
A broken promise......broken by someone who didn't make that promise...after revision?
TM as a member of Cameron's cabinet, voted FOR this last year when Cameron proposed the numbers, so yes she did make that promise!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:41 PM

Well I'm sorry I think it's absolutely disgusting, children we are talking about children, condemning them to ... Well who knows sex trafficking ? Disease ? Poverty ?

How anyone making a decision like this can sleep at night I don't know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top