Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Lord Dubs to take on Government over deceitful child refugee U-turn

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'm sorry I think it's absolutely disgusting, children we are talking about children, condemning them to ... Well who knows sex trafficking ? Disease ? Poverty ?

How anyone making a decision like this can sleep at night I don't know.
Because they're scumbag 'nasty party' without a conscience
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'm sorry I think it's absolutely disgusting, children we are talking about children, condemning them to ... Well who knows sex trafficking ? Disease ? Poverty ?

How anyone making a decision like this can sleep at night I don't know.
You could let them use your caravan.

We have to draw a line somewhere, we are not a hostel for all the World's refugees.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You could let them use your caravan.

We have to draw a line somewhere, we are not a hostel for all the World's refugees.
I get fed up of my holiday caravan being brought into discussions but last time I'm explaining it. It's an 8 month letting, we are not allowed to sub let it or allow anyone except named members of our family use it. If we do we break our contract with both the site and they break theirs with the local council. Least that could happen is we lose our site and have to sell our van back to them at a very reduced rate or worst case council could close them down and the other 45 caravanners lose their sites too.

Am I going to break my contract ? No I'm not especially as it's an old van well over 20 years old with minimal heating and no double glazing.

We love it but no one in their right mind would want to live in it.
stemac64
New Member!
Rochdale
stemac64 is male 

09-02-2017, 11:20 PM

And if we bring more refugee children where do you think we are going to house them , when we can not get enough foster parents to take on the children in this country!!! I think the last estimate was that there where 70,400 children that were in care and there was only 70% of these children who could be found placements with carers
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:22 AM

One thing you notice about the people who think that Britain should take more refugees is that they never then continue by saying.......and so we would love to put you up in our spare room; or move into the house next door to us

It's noticeable that those in favour of immigration are usually middle class, living in nice areas, that don't have much contact with immigrants. Once you get to the sort of scruffy urban areas where immigrants actually live you find that the enthusiasm falls off considerably
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:13 AM

I think the introduction of this thread is motivated, not by a desire to help the refugee children, more by desire to have a poke at the Conservatives.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I think the introduction of this thread is motivated, not by a desire to help the refugee children, more by desire to have a poke at the Conservatives.
Of course it is, and pretty low, under the circumstances.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Of course it is, and pretty low, under the circumstances.

Thank you the spokesperson for the 'nasty party'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
One thing you notice about the people who think that Britain should take more refugees is that they never then continue by saying.......and so we would love to put you up in our spare room; or move into the house next door to us

It's noticeable that those in favour of immigration are usually middle class, living in nice areas, that don't have much contact with immigrants. Once you get to the sort of scruffy urban areas where immigrants actually live you find that the enthusiasm falls off considerably
Well I'm a working class office cleaner so your insight is rather let down by that I'd say, also living in over crowded situation so no spare room for anyone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It was a rather obvious, tasteless (and desperate) bit of anti-government propaganda wasn't it.

Unless I misunderstood the article 350 are still been allowed to come.
Besides which .. I'd have thought the best help someone could offer an unaccompanied child would be to send it back where it came from.
In this case, Syria is not an option from a humanitarian point of view ... so what's wrong with the refugee camps in Turkey? That is actually what they are there for. That is where we are after all channelling a billion of aid... though most refugees seem to skirt around the place and put on their water wings.
If they have been split from their parents or are orphans surely the best place to track down parents, or relatives and at least remain in their own familiar culture is there.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top