Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:24 PM

Re: Lord Dubs to take on Government over deceitful child refugee U-turn

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'm a working class office cleaner so your insight is rather let down by that I'd say, also living in over crowded situation so no spare room for anyone.
Julie ... don't get detoured down the road of defending that you're an office cleaner. So am I.
Mind you .. I can't afford a caravan. I'm too busy paying a mortgage to afford one.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Julie ... don't get detoured down the road of defending that you're an office cleaner. So am I.
Mind you .. I can't afford a caravan. I'm too busy paying a mortgage to afford one.
And we paid mortgage and rent for years only got rent now though. I've been open and honest about our good fortune. I wish I hadn't tried to share it with you all though as its brought up against me so often. I learned a lesson there.
CBR
New Member!
bournemouth
CBR is male 

10-02-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
the scumbag 'nasty party' have quietly dropped their promise to accept unaccompanied refugee children from Syria.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7570586.html
The SCUMBAG LABOUR PARTY broke promises for 16 years and now they have a Trotsky leader What a shambles
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thank you the spokesperson for the 'nasty party'.
The irony in this post is astounding.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:50 PM

Dear friends across the UK,

The government has just stopped unaccompanied kids fleeing war from coming to the UK.

MPs from all parties are speaking out against the broken promise to admit 3000 kids, but the government thinks it can make this announcement quietly and hopes the public sits it out.

If Amber Rudd hears from 100,000 of us across the country in the next 24 hours, we can show her it’s against British values to send the most vulnerable back into the arms of human traffickers.

Tell Amber Rudd: We won’t abandon refugee kids

The government promised to admit 3000 lone refugee kids who don't have any family in Europe, but now it's slamming the door after letting in just 350. It's a clear breach of a commitment that was key to getting MPs to support controversial immigration legislation.

Its argument that councils don't have any more places for them is based on flawed and outdated figures. It must reconsult with councils, offer them more support, and admit thousands more children.

We have a proud tradition of welcoming the most vulnerable. The 3,000 we promised to help are at extreme risk of exploitation, trafficking, and abuse. Slamming the door breaks our word, betrays our traditions and leaves them in grave danger. Britain is better than this. Sign and share to ensure these kids get to the safety of Britain:

Tell Amber Rudd: We won’t abandon refugee kids

The Avaaz community has already generously funded critical work to support asylum claims by lone refugee children who have family here in the UK. Let's make sure other lone refugee children are not forgotten.

With hope,

Alice, Nick, Bert, and the Avaaz team

I've already signed this petition!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Congratulations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Are we talking about children?
Real children rather than adult males posing as children ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Real children 12 to 16, you won't see many girls sex trafficking is rife, toddlers tend not to be unaccompanied or die on the journey. So it's mostly boys. I believe youngest unaccompanied girl is 8 but she went missing very recently.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I've just watched one of the Border Security documentaries and there was a young man trying to get through Heathrow claiming to be a minor.....he looked about 25.

They couldn't deny him access/entry, even though he had a fake passport, because the country from where he hailed wouldn't allow him back in using a forged document and we couldn't refuse because we couldn't prove he wasn't a minor.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Real children 12 to 16, you won't see many girls sex trafficking is rife, toddlers tend not to be unaccompanied or die on the journey. So it's mostly boys. I believe youngest unaccompanied girl is 8 but she went missing very recently.
You won't see many girls because sex trafficking is rife ?
What exactly do you mean ?
That all the girls have been sex Trafficked or its safer to leave them in dangerous countries in case they get sex trafficked ?
Toddlers are accompanied or die on the journey ?
Historically doesn't ring true Julie since when are refugees are only strong looking young men .
They are the ones who are usually fighting back home .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top