Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:24 AM

Merkels U.Turn

Major U-turn by Germany on migrants.
I guess they realise with the possible collapse of the EU they would be left to pay the price themselves in the next few years and decided to act fast whilst they still have EU funds to use.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nts-leave.html
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:42 AM

Re: Merkels U.Turn

Did you see ' After Brexit ; The Battle For Europe' BBC2 on Thursday at 9.00pm ? Very interesting. Get it on Iplayer. a This World Investigation.

Merkel has f---d up and now trying to buy them off, which is another f--- up. More will come to get cash payments, then they'll raise the stakes and they'll ask for more money and give it to ISIS . Then the blackmail tactics will start.

When will that woman learn ?

If nothing else , we do at least expect these leaders to have some ounce of common sense. Who is pulling their strings ?
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:53 AM

NWO perhaps..
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
NWO perhaps..
We really wouldn't know would we ? It certainly could be , which is who or what ? The Rothschild's and the Goldsmith's mixed with a few and even the Freemasons could have a hand in it .
Conspiracy theories are not there by accident or through naivety !
longfellow
Chatterbox

11-02-2017, 11:36 AM

In a few years time there may well be a movie about it.
I wonder who will take the lead part Tom Hanks or Nicholas Cage..
Either way it will more than likely be comical.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 11:53 AM

I've liked Merkel's personality as a german leader. She is a scientist and approaches politics in a cool-headed, calm, logical manner. She seems to be the only foreign leader who can get on well with everyone, even Putin. She's definitely made a big mistake in dealing with the refugee crisis. But for years people have trusted her to do the job and she's highly respected. We do a lot of business with germany so I hope that she isn't replaced by someone hostile to the UK.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Did you see ' After Brexit ; The Battle For Europe' BBC2 on Thursday at 9.00pm ? Very interesting. Get it on Iplayer. a This World Investigation.

Merkel has f---d up and now trying to buy them off, which is another f--- up. More will come to get cash payments, then they'll raise the stakes and they'll ask for more money and give it to ISIS . Then the blackmail tactics will start.

When will that woman learn ?

If nothing else , we do at least expect these leaders to have some ounce of common sense. Who is pulling their strings ?
PD I have recorded it to watch later .

There was an interesting item on radio 4 recently (from our own correspondent I think) where German people out in the countryside were being interviewed. As here the capital seems to take precedent the 'shires' ignored.
It could have been here, the response from the interviewees was disillusionment with government who don't listen/ sick of Merkel/sick of the EU, sick of economic migrants being let into the country posing as refugees.

Merkel must be getting a bit concerned about her position with an election pending.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 02:00 PM

It seems to be like a contagion within the EU countries at present. The far right are gaining footholds in a lot of countries where once, they were slavish followers of the EU totem pole. Just look at Germany, France, Italy, Sweden and countries like Hungary, who absolutely refuse to honour the Shenghen agreement. When the Brussels elite protested at the high fence Hungary erected between themselves and the once open border with Serbia and demanded that they dismantle it, Hungary just completely ignored them. They see themselves as the only barrier with which to stop hoardes of Muslims entering their country en-route to Northern Europe to such countries as Germany, France and the UK. Their reasons, although I do not agree with their methods, are perfectly understandable, They were invaded by the Turkish Ottomans and ruled over for 100 years and are fearful of their Christian country once again being invaded by Muslims, leading to future conflicts. Hence their reasons for the fence. If illegal immigrants manage to damage and get through the fence, the Mayor of the village at the border, with the help of the village people who back the Mayor 100 per cent, hunt them down by helicopter, jeeps and motorbikes, and kick them out or detain them. Beatings are not unusual.
The Hungarian President is following suit and is calling for the same system throughout Hungary. Illegal Immigrants are not wanted.

This is quite frightening but seemingly an unstoppable train. The people of many countries seem to feel forgotten, neglected and despised by the elite of Europe and quite honestly, the chickens are coming home to roost for the EU's sheer stupidity and ineptness to deal with the situation.

It's like a slow- burning fuse..................
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:29 PM

As soon as Merkel opened her mouth and said she would let all the migrants in, I said she had made a big mistake and she certainly has.

I have relatives in Germany and they're not at all happy about what she is allowing to happen to their country.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It seems to be like a contagion within the EU countries at present. The far right are gaining footholds in a lot of countries where once, they were slavish followers of the EU totem pole. Just look at Germany, France, Italy, Sweden and countries like Hungary, who absolutely refuse to honour the Shenghen agreement. When the Brussels elite protested at the high fence Hungary erected between themselves and the once open border with Serbia and demanded that they dismantle it, Hungary just completely ignored them. They see themselves as the only barrier with which to stop hoardes of Muslims entering their country en-route to Northern Europe to such countries as Germany, France and the UK. Their reasons, although I do not agree with their methods, are perfectly understandable, They were invaded by the Turkish Ottomans and ruled over for 100 years and are fearful of their Christian country once again being invaded by Muslims, leading to future conflicts. Hence their reasons for the fence. If illegal immigrants manage to damage and get through the fence, the Mayor of the village at the border, with the help of the village people who back the Mayor 100 per cent, hunt them down by helicopter, jeeps and motorbikes, and kick them out or detain them. Beatings are not unusual.
The Hungarian President is following suit and is calling for the same system throughout Hungary. Illegal Immigrants are not wanted.

This is quite frightening but seemingly an unstoppable train. The people of many countries seem to feel forgotten, neglected and despised by the elite of Europe and quite honestly, the chickens are coming home to roost for the EU's sheer stupidity and ineptness to deal with the situation.

It's like a slow- burning fuse..................
I totally agree.

Mrs fender is Slovak, which borders Hungary - so I get a bit of insider news now and then.

The countries in that region, Slovakia, Czech, Poland, Hungary etc, have little time for Muslims & Islam. They are simply not prepared to have their culture diluted.
They won't ponce around like some countries like ourselves. If the Government lets in hoards of Islamic immigrants there would be riots on the streets in short order, and those above know it.

I hear now that Geert Wilders is more popular than ever and gaining serious support, as is Le Pen.

Interesting times imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top