Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 01:02 PM

Foreign aid budget

Some weeks ago on here, there was some discussion and a lot of criticism of the foreign aid budget and where and to whom it was being sent, yet that idiot, Boris does exactly the same and the criticism is deafening by its silence, I wonder why???

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/02/13...-fund-from-fo/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 01:49 PM

Re: Foreign aid budget

I hadn't seen that before Uj, it's not right and I like Boris, very disappointed in him on this one.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 05:16 PM

A British Billion is a million millions....so not such a big deal.

Maybe you're peeved some of it is being used because of the rising threat of Russian aggression?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 06:18 PM

Has Russia ever attacked us?

I've discussed this before, but after the defeat of Nazi Germany, Europe was effectively split into two. Russia retained control of most of the East European states adjacent to their country as 'buffer states', having earlier suffered almost complete defeat by the Germans. I can, in a way, understand their wish not to have that repeated.

I believe we should try to form a friendship, if not an alliance, with Russia. We already rely on them for gas, and I do not see them as an immediate threat anyway.

Trumpy is also beginning to make friendly gestures to Russia.

I believe that the biggest threat to us at the moment is muslim expansion and terrorism. I think we would do well to work WITH Russia on this.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Maybe you're peeved some of it is being used because of the rising threat of Russian aggression?
No it is not and hasn't been since the 1970's.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

I don't think Russia will attack us, they really aren't a threat to us, if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think Russia will attack us, they really aren't a threat to us, if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone.
I agree. It is not worth their while.

They are on to a winner selling us gas and other products. Why would they want to put profitable business at risk?

And what do we do? Provoke them by sending troops up to their borders. This is, presumably, in order to discourage them from expansion.

So what do they do? Amass their troops on their side of the border, presumably to discourage us from overstepping the mark.

And what does that achieve?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Yeah, who cares about Ukraine anyway...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-02-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yeah, who cares about Ukraine anyway...
As I understand it, the Crimeans are mostly of Russian stock anyway and the majority wanted to be part of Russia.

I suppose you could draw parallels between the Crimea and Scotland, where some people want to remain part of the UK and others to achieve independence.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:08 AM

It's more like sudetenland

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top