Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:42 AM

Re: Foreign aid budget

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Has Russia ever attacked us?

I've discussed this before, but after the defeat of Nazi Germany, Europe was effectively split into two. Russia retained control of most of the East European states adjacent to their country as 'buffer states', having earlier suffered almost complete defeat by the Germans. I can, in a way, understand their wish not to have that repeated.

I believe we should try to form a friendship, if not an alliance, with Russia. We already rely on them for gas, and I do not see them as an immediate threat anyway.

Trumpy is also beginning to make friendly gestures to Russia.

I believe that the biggest threat to us at the moment is muslim expansion and terrorism. I think we would do well to work WITH Russia on this.
Not arguing with your post at all, but........ I do think that in this case,we can only form our opinions on what we know. The question is, what don't we know ? These moves and decisions are not made without serious reasons and therefore there must be huge degree of information we, the public ,are not privy to as with all things.
It does state the empowerment fund is in the early stages of development, so lets wait and see.
How many people say we give too much in foreign aid anyway and would prefer to have some of it used elsewhere ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's more like sudetenland
Well if the majority of the inhabitants wanted it, who are we to question it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:45 AM

Well if the majority of the inhabitants wanted it, who are we to question it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
How many people say we give too much in foreign aid anyway and would prefer to have some of it used elsewhere ?
I strongly agree with that.

I think there's something wrong with third world despots being given millions with which to buy themselves palaces and big cars, whilst at the same time we have our own people lying on trolleys in hospital corridors.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 01:52 AM

I strongly agree with that.

I think there's something wrong with third world despots being given millions with which to buy themselves palaces and big cars, whilst at the same time we have our own people lying on trolleys in hospital corridors.
I'd cut all foreign aid full stop.
When will this Government learn that charity begins at home?

I mean, African spice girls ffs!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 11:18 AM

I'm not sure I'd stop it all but it should be aimed at helping at times of disaster, floods, earth quakes, and drought IMO.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think Russia will attack us, they really aren't a threat to us, if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone.
Get on to Boris and tell him, I'm sure he'll let the intelligence services know.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Get on to Boris and tell him, I'm sure he'll let the intelligence services know.
If I met Boris not sure intelligence services would be upper most in my mind, I rather fancy the man all that lovely blonde hair and twinkle in his eyes hmmmmmm
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-02-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If I met Boris not sure intelligence services would be upper most in my mind, I rather fancy the man all that lovely blonde hair and twinkle in his eyes hmmmmmm
Julie! I've never seen you like this before!

Just remember that coccyx before you get too carried away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-02-2017, 02:29 PM

Julie! I've never seen you like this before!

Just remember that coccyx before you get too carried away.
Lol yes that would have to be healed before I met him

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top