Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 11:36 AM

The Mind Boggles At This!

Is it me? Am I the only person who thinks "No, it's not possible! No sane person would ever allow this. Has the world gone mad! What caliber of person is in charge?
Read below and please give your view on whether you agree with me that some of the people they seem to be churning out of Schools, Colleges and Universities and then deemed to be intelligent and educated enough to be put in charge of such importance as the security of the travelling public, can act so ignorantly. It really make me despair. Half the time they're not fit to run A tap! It makes me so angry when sheer incompetence is so in abundance!

A passenger found with what turned out to be a pipe bomb in his hand luggage as he prepared to board a Ryanair flight to Italy was allowed to continue his journey days later, a court heard yesterday.

Nadeem Muhammed, 43, was held by police after "batteries wrapped in brown tape" was found as he went through an
X-ray scan at Manchester airport - but he claimed someone else had put them there, it was alleged.

He was released and days later flew on to Italy, but in the meantime, tests revealed it was a viable device containing sufficient explosives to cause "serious damage and loss of life" on a plane, the court heard.

Muhammed was only arrested on his arrival back at Manchester airport on Sunday and charged with being in possession of an explosive substance.

He had been stopped as he tried to get on a Ryanair flight to Bergamo following a security screening on January 30 and detained by police under the Terrorism Act, Westminster Magistrates' Court was told.

Questioned about the device, Mohammed said he believed it was put in his luggage by someone else. prosecutor Jessica Hart said: HE WAS THEN RELEASED, catching a flight to Italy with Ryanair several days later.

Meanwhile, explosives experts found it was a "viable explosive device" and terrorism officers searched Muhammed's home in Bury.
The court heard the device consisted of a small pipe, like a large marker pen and was filled with a "smokeless propellant often found in ammunition" the prosecutor said: "When ignited it can be made to explode".

Katie McCreath, defending, indicated Muhammed - a Pakistani national who has an Italian passport - would be pleading not guilty.

Muhammed was remanded in custody to appear at London's Southward Crown Court.

UNQUOTE
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 11:38 AM

Re: The Mind Boggles At This!

I can't for the life of me see why they released him ? Baffled I am.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 11:40 AM

I like your "not fit to run a tap" Shroppy, sums it up nicely.
Unbelievable.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 11:46 AM

You know Julie, and I know, and no doubt, any intelligent person would know, not to release Mr Muhammed until his home was searched, his associations with others investigated and especially the tests be carried out on the pipe bomb.

What the hell were they thinking? The mind boggles at the thought of the carnage this man could have caused on that Italy bound Ryanair plane!! yet they let him go!

It really scares me how inept these people are. The security is our only means of safety at airports and this man should NEVER have been released a few days later as he was.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 06:53 PM

The story as C&Ped hardly gives a lot of details and while such stories, as given, are fodder for forums like this and for anyone happy to fulminate about any piece of fake (or at least twisted) news. It is impossible to form an objective opinion of the actions taken without being privy to the whole story, all the evidence and the thought processes that led to the decision to free him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 06:58 PM

My guess is that the pipe was not useful to airport security staff. They tend to confiscate things like sun cream, shampoo, sandwiches and alcohol - you know, the free useful stuff.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The story as C&Ped hardly gives a lot of details and while such stories, as given, are fodder for forums like this and for anyone happy to fulminate about any piece of fake (or at least twisted) news. It is impossible to form an objective opinion of the actions taken without being privy to the whole story, all the evidence and the thought processes that led to the decision to free him.
Absolutely Devo, I am dubious of any news Items I read these days, with missing facts and deliberate attempts to stir up trouble. But then, if they do stir up trouble it will be tomorrows news thereby perpetuating work for the news hounds....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top