Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:55 PM

Careful what you eat....?

A pensioner friend described, today, how some of his colleagues recently had a meal at a Chinese restaurant up near London.

After the meal, one of the ladies realised that she was having some pain from something which was stuck between two teeth in her mouth.

After trying to get it out, and due to the pain growing steadily, she made an appointment, with her dentist, to have what she thought was a small sharp piece of bone removed.

The dentist managed to get the piece out and, after examining it said that he knew what it was and had seen similar before.

He said "that's a piece from an electronic tracking device of the sort normally injected into a cat's neck!"

Like me, you're going to say that this is garbage...but the lady is not the lying type.

The mind boggles!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 10:02 PM

Re: Careful what you eat....?

Many years ago, a Chinese t/a near me was shut down.
Reason? They found parts of frozen dog in the freezer. I kid you not!
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

15-02-2017, 10:02 PM

she had been micro chipped
I have heard so many stories of cats going missing and ending up in chinese restaurant meals
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 11:24 PM

If only I had a pound for every time I'd heard that story.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chinese.asp
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 04:35 AM

Yuck!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 08:38 AM

Considering the time and effort involved in chasing, catching, skinning, deboning and filleting local cats (as well as the likelihood of discovery and prosecution) this seems a little unlikely. Much easier, cheaper and less effort to buy cheap chicken in bulk from a wholesaler.
Nice urban myth, but still an urban myth!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Considering the time and effort involved in chasing, catching, skinning, deboning and filleting local cats (as well as the likelihood of discovery and prosecution) this seems a little unlikely. Much easier, cheaper and less effort to buy cheap chicken in bulk from a wholesaler.
Nice urban myth, but still an urban myth!

If it is indeed chicken, which the wholesaler is selling.

Remember the horse meat scandal?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 10:32 AM

Well I checked with our local chinese, and they assured me they were always very careful to remove the microchip before cooking the cats because the electronics tend to stain the pan....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Well I checked with our local chinese, and they assured me they were always very careful to remove the microchip before cooking the cats because the electronics tend to stain the pan....
It would certainly provide a solution to Pummies problem concerning all the feral cats in his neck of the woods....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top