Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Re: "America First" says Donald.

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Any recent evidence, Azure ?

If that is true, how stupid must the UK government be ?
Surely they don't just dole out bucket-loads of cash - with no oversight, no management, no controls, no 'due diligence' ???

This might have happened in the past.
These days, programs are set up to provide water or hospitals or schools etc with the donor-country strictly controlling the funds.
They pay for the materials, they pay the workers, they supervise the planning and audit the funds.
If not ........................ suffer !

And very often, there are strings attached (spoken or unspoken). Defence agreements, trade, votes at the UN - whatever.
There is so much documented evidence of fraud in Foreign Aid now
i refer you to the Express Dec 2016 Re Waste
Scandal of Waste, Hunderdsof millions on needless luxuruies .

You can also find the latest evidence on Google as well.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
But one must ask what one means by first. In the case of Trump's slogan, it is belied by destruction of consumer protections, financial protections, environmental protections and the only thing America is now first in is ridicule. And beware of leaders that proclaim they are putting their country first, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un tells us he is putting his country first. Most countries put out less that one percent of their annual funding for foreign aid. And that is often to buy allies, manipulate foreign policy, and in some cases hopefully to help people.

Sir
I disagree wtih you for the following reasons.

The UK Foreign aid bill is 0.7% or £12billion and much goes to corrupt Countires
You can not compare the Evil Kim Jong with US Presidents or democracy
His regime is the same as murdering Dictators like Stalin, and Mao Tsi Tung.
While we glady all help help needy poeple in times of trouble World wide, why should we help Countries who use this aid for the Millitary and Space programmes and the Dictators to build mansions and have huge deposits in Off shore accounts as well.

The UK is far too generous and has borrowed billions to sustain this foolishness,
it is a fact Countries will never stand on their own feet as they prefer Hand Outs which they have been getting for years

Also there are millions of people here who desperatly need help and the goverment has cut many services especially for the elderely and disabled who can' fend for hemselves wtih daily tasks, and they sometimes never see a soul for days
Of course the the government members who make these rules all have elderly parents in expensive Retirement Homes.
The working class in UK get a kick up th backside if they
complain

The Elderly in other Countries get treated with respect and more generous Pensions as well.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
EVIDENCE ???

Even Pummy does not believe that, in the 21st Century, Poms are that stupid !
You may not believe it but plenty of the proles do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Sir
I disagree wtih you for the following reasons.

The UK Foreign aid bill is 0.7% or £12billion and much goes to corrupt Countires
You can not compare the Evil Kim Jong with US Presidents or democracy
His regime is the same as murdering Dictators like Stalin, and Mao Tsi Tung.
While we glady all help help needy poeple in times of trouble World wide, why should we help Countries who use this aid for the Millitary and Space programmes and the Dictators to build mansions and have huge deposits in Off shore accounts as well.

The UK is far too generous and has borrowed billions to sustain this foolishness,
it is a fact Countries will never stand on their own feet as they prefer Hand Outs which they have been getting for years

Also there are millions of people here who desperatly need help and the goverment has cut many services especially for the elderely and disabled who can' fend for hemselves wtih daily tasks, and they sometimes never see a soul for days
Of course the the government members who make these rules all have elderly parents in expensive Retirement Homes.
The working class in UK get a kick up th backside if they
complain

The Elderly in other Countries get treated with respect and more generous Pensions as well.
Well said.

I admire Trumpy because he is willing to stand up for his people in the face of whingers right left and centre.

It would be nice if we had someone of the same calibre, and if the luvvies and snowflakes don't like it, they can go forth and multiply. They are in a minority and most people pay them no attention anyway.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Exactly JB,

We are governed by plonka's.

Why do we send circa 900mill to Pakistan each year?
They are known as a terrorist training / breeding ground, have a nuclear programme etc. Where was Bin Laden found in the end?

A brain dead knat could do a better job sometimes!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You have not been listening, the UK government throws money at these Johnny Foreigners like it's going out of fashion, Farage said so and he knows everything, such a nice chap too!
Glad you're seeing the light.
Well done.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Glad you're seeing the light.
Well done.
The only light he sees is the one the doctor shines in his eyes.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 12:32 PM

I think this country should put is citizens first-not just white christians but all races,colours and creeds. I have no time for Britain First.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

19-02-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I think this country should put is citizens first-not just white christians but all races,colours and creeds. I have no time for Britain First.
If I saw someone in a ditch, no matter what their creed or colour was, I would help them.

Hoewever. I would not take the food out of my childrens mouth to feed an able-bodied stranger.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Foreign aid should be given in needed goods not money

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top