Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Re: More than 40,000 disabled people have had their benefits docked since 2012

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Isn't it amazing!!! - I raise issues about the despicable 'nasty party's' policies relating to the disabled and everyone responds with stories about people who they consider shouldn't receive disability allowances. If, as you describe they are capable of doing the work you say they do, why then and on what basis have they claimed their disability allowances, what medical evidence have they produced to verify their claims, since the DWP do not just make payments willy, nilly - those claims have to be verified and backed up with medical evidence.
Perhaps people are trying to tell you something Joe. Like with all of these constant cries of pseudo outrage and false outrage about how terrible it is that we treat people this way, which are often grossly exaggerated, they think you cry wolf too often.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:19 PM

All those on benefit should be regularly reaccessed say every 3 years like driving licenced holders are after the age of 70. Genuine disabled would still get their benefit, the scroungers and cheats would get caught and made to pay all they claimed back.
Unfortunately the genuine get branded the same as the cheats so periodic checks should be mandatory
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Perhaps people are trying to tell you something Joe. Like with all of these constant cries of pseudo outrage and false outrage about how terrible it is that we treat people this way, which are often grossly exaggerated, they think you cry wolf too often.

I'm not crying wolf, I'm merely pointing out how despicable the scumbag 'nasty party' really are!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:21 PM

I'm not crying wolf, I'm merely pointing out how despicable the scumbag 'nasty party' really are!!!
it is NOT the political party that is in power that is at fault it is the civil service not doing proper thourough checks that are. The civil service carries on the same way whoever is in power at the time
Your fixation on a party you don't agree with is getting boring.

Maybe get out and see the good they are doing as well against quoting all the time from a rag newspaper
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All those on benefit should be regularly reaccessed say every 3 years like driving licenced holders are after the age of 70. Genuine disabled would still get their benefit, the scroungers and cheats would get caught and made to pay all they claimed back.
Unfortunately the genuine get branded the same as the cheats so periodic checks should be mandatory

Belive it or not, they were, until the stupid DWP privatised the assessment system and handed it over to ATOS and we all know what a 'pig's ear' ATOS made of that don't we???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Cases like this should never be allowed to happen, and saying it wasn't removal of her help that caused it is blatantly untrue http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com...ed-pip-appeal/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can't agree with that no blind person will regain sight in three years no one with one leg or no legs will regrow a limb. Epilepsy is for life for many.

So many things won't get better ever it's a waste of money testing people again and again in those cases.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

I am still 50% Disabled, but I hide it well.

I have met people from this site, they know me,

I walk but must rest, I only have 5% vision in my right eye, but I drive, I cannot lift more than 40 kilos

If I can do it. why cannot others?
We had the same arguments after the amazing success at the London Olympics in 2012. If they can do it, why can't you?
I think what some people forget is that Disability Living Allowance (now PIP) is not just about disability, it is often about disability and chronic sickness. My wife is disabled as a result of osteo-arthritis which developed as a result of a fall at work. Her knees, hips and hands are badly affected. She struggled on working for almost two years after the accident, but eventually the pain was too great and she had to give it up (extremely reluctantly I might add). If she was simply disabled and she couldn't stand or walk, she would still be at work today, enjoying her work and the satisfaction it gave her from a wheelchair. The real problem is the constant pain she is in. She has 175mg morphine patches as well as up to 8 co-codamol each day for "breakthrough" pain. She also has damaged vertebrae in her neck, a serious heart problem, suffers from depression and panic attacks, has irritable bowel syndrome and several other "minor" ailments like the cataract in her eye, her liver disease and her prolapsed bladder.
As I said, it isn't her disability which makes her unable to find work, it is the chronic illnesses which go with it. What employer would think for one moment of employing someone on such a heavy dose of pain killers, who has to take more pain killers at intervals during the day and is likely to fall asleep every hour or so and who is only likely to be able to come to work one or two days a week at most, but cannot predict which days they might be.

I'm sure they may well be one or two people fiddling PIP, but given the way the DWP assesses people, they must be bloody clever to get away with it as they must be conning their doctors and their consultants as well as the DWP assessors.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 07:09 PM

The nasty party' have apparently withdrawn benefits from over 40,000 disabled claimants. Such statistic shows how callous, and uncaring the 'nasty party' truly are!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7584161.html
So they have found out 40000 shirkers with nothing wrong with them just parasites living off the rest of us.

Well done to the Tories...but think there is a lot more to weed out.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
So they have found out 40000 shirkers with nothing wrong with them just parasites living off the rest of us.

Well done to the Tories...but think there is a lot more to weed out.
Now come on Galty,

Are you trying to antagonize UJ and pee him off?

If so, please continue............

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top