Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Re: Ex Guantanamo Brit is suicide bomber

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Why do you have to hate so many? There were appalling things done at Guantanamo and Obama was gradually correcting these.

I remain a Labour Party member and the Party was nothing to do with any of this.
Blunkett secured his release saying none of those released posed a risk.

Appalling it may have been but nothing as appalling as these scum went on to do.....Guantanamo was a necessity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:03 PM

I wonder how many were genuinely a threat before they were tortured and kept without charges ? And how many became a threat because they were tortured and kept without charges ?

But I guess that would make me a do gooder just asking the question.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wonder how many were genuinely a threat before they were tortured and kept without charges ? And how many became a threat because they were tortured and kept without charges ?

|They were arrested/detained as they were deemed a threat...no coincidence.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:47 PM

Hi

Julie, you can see good in everyone.

The issue as far as I am concerned is this.

Mistakes are sometimes made, that is a fact of life and there is no doubt that some were made in Guantanamo.

Some mistakes were made as respects innocents, equally some mistakes were made in releasing the guilty.

This man is not unique, others released from Guantanamo have also gone on to commit horrendous atrocities.

I am totally opposed to the death penalty or to the mistreatment of any captive who does not pose an immediate threat to innocents.

The situation has never arose with me personally, but I know exactly what I would do.

The IRA planted a bomb in Shrewsbury Castle, all the schoolkids went there on school trips, my kids included.

If I had been there, whoever had planted the bomb would have given up all the info they had.

My kids have never done anything wrong, and they do not deserve to be killed or maimed.

Their safety is far more important to me than the rights of any terrorist.

We know what ISIS do, 9 year olds used as sex slaves, burning people alive.

That is not what we do and I do not want them back here.

Corbyn is insistent that we should not kill them abroad and that we should not take take any action against them when they return to the UK unless we have definite proof which will stand up in a UK Court.

That is an absolute nonsense.

We know what ISIS do, it is simply not acceptable to put our grandkids at risk to protect the rights of scumbags.

I am absolutely convinced that you would give your life to protect Grace, i admire you for that.

I have no intention at all of giving my life to protect Nadi, I am far more focused on killing whoever threatens her.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:53 AM

Julie,

Post such questions all you like.

As stated, they were arrested and detained for a reason.
There is rarely smoke without fire.

Tbh, I genuinely admire you in that you try to always give the benefit of the doubt.
As much as I like you (and you know I do) - I do think you can be a little naive sometimes.
We have to come down hard on suspects and sometimes mistakes are made.

I agree with Swims post.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
|They were arrested/detained as they were deemed a threat...no coincidence.

And the evidence to support that contention was???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:59 AM

The problem is no one has any real answer to what to do with dangerous terrorists, traumatising them with torture will only make them worse. We need a world wide answer and that is very far away.

Many are brainwashed that's what radicalisation appears to me to be, it must be possible to reverse that surely ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:03 AM

Has anybody ever thought that, because we are so fair with criminals, it may be the reason why none of them are afraid of the punishments that we hand out?
People feel sorry for them and try to find reasons why they may have become a criminal... but what about the lives they ruin with their activities?
Everybody on this forum will have had difficult times and experiences, but we didn't turn to crime! Criminals are motivated by selfishness, greed and no respect for others, so perhaps we should stop feeling sorry for them, spend less money on keeping them in prison, and start to dish out similar punishments to those they have given to their victims.
I really doubt that any man kept at Guantanamo Bay was a clean living, law abiding citizen, so unless we have proof that they were, let's stop feeling sorry for them! Those gentle attitudes are just putting innocent lives at risk.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-02-2017, 09:06 AM

Being fair isn't about being a push over though twink, if people can't be rehabilitated I'd lock them up for ever, but I can't condone torture ever.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:23 AM

Being fair isn't about being a push over though twink, if people can't be rehabilitated I'd lock them up for ever, but I can't condone torture ever.
Why the hell should we invest time and money, which could be used for better causes, to rehabilitate somebody who thinks it is OK to kill a stranger?
Nobody forced them to follow terrorist ideas, they did it if their own accord, and the world would be a better place without those kind of people.... but surely better not to wait until they have killed innocent people with their suicide bombs?
Torture is too kind, for people who think it is Ok to kill innocent strangers.. so why not blow them and their suicide vests up in in a secure area. If they wear one they are demonstrating that death is an option, so lets stop wasting money on court fees and prison accommodation.
I would have no problem in pressing the button on people like that, because I would be doing the world a favour!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top