Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:05 PM

Re: Is there a car you wish you had kept?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Lancia Fulvia, metal flake paint, still in the family, so not lost forever.
Was that the Ferrari engined Lancia?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 02:30 AM

Many, many years ago (early 70s?) I bought a Mk10 Jag at an auction in London for £10, it still had 3 month rego on it so I drove it until that ran out then just parked it in a council car park and walked away.

Nice car in good condition and unlike most European cars it wasn't terribly underpowered but I wasn't staying.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:26 AM

My 1974 VW Super Beetle. What a fun little car!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My first car, a mini, both the wife( then girlfriend) and i had just passed our test within a few months of each other we went to Cornwall camping, it took us 14 hours, as we were following her parents, and they got lost, oh what fun, another car I had was an alfasud, boy was that thing quick, do a hundred easy and the torque steer wow, it had a lovely exhaust burble as well , until I smashed it up on black ice into another car, I had it repaired though, shortly after that the head gasket went, but was fortunate to have a bil who was (still is ) mechanically minded and we were able to fix it, it was the dreaded rust, however, that did for it in the end, you could almost see the dreaded tin worm munching away at it! , sold it on in the end before it got too bad
My mate had an Alfasud (in orange) - a great little car and I loved the slight 'farting sound' it made on acceleration.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Was that the Ferrari engined Lancia?
That was the Thema 8.32
Pile of junk apart from the engine.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Yeah, the Fulvia was a 1300cc V4, a very pretty car, renowned for it's handling
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yeah, the Fulvia was a 1300cc V4, a very pretty car, renowned for it's handling
I agree, a very nice looking car indeed. That classic Italian look.

I had a Lancia HPE for a while. That was a great car but suffered the usual rot.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I agree, a very nice looking car indeed. That classic Italian look.

I had a Lancia HPE for a while. That was a great car but suffered the usual rot.
I had a LHD Lancia Delta Integrale for 9 hours.

The ink hadn't even dried on the Banker's Draft
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

27-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I had a LHD Lancia Delta Integrale for 9 hours.

The ink hadn't even dried on the Banker's Draft
Funny you say that.
A mate of mine Andy bought a white one (lhd) brand new.

He came down after he'd had it about a week to take me for a spin. He lost it on a corner causing around £8k worth of damage!
He was gutted. Trouble is, he was used to fwd and had not quite got the hang of driving a 4wd fast.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Funny you say that.
A mate of mine Andy bought a white one (lhd) brand new.

He came down after he'd had it about a week to take me for a spin. He lost it on a corner causing around £8k worth of damage!
He was gutted. Trouble is, he was used to fwd and had not quite got the hang of driving a 4wd fast.
I was driving down a nice, quiet country road....at night and within the speed limits.....when I noticed a tree off it's leash.
It jumped out in front of me and no amount of evasive driving could prevent a collision

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top