Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:12 PM

I never thought I would hear this

A Chief Brexiteer (doesn't that sound like buccaneer or mutineer or privateer???) telling the truth???

David Davis in Eastern Europe:

During a visit to Estonia, Davis said it will take “years and years” to persuade British workers to do jobs in the hospitality industry or agriculture that are currently carried out by EU migrants, arguing the economy needs continued immigration to maintain its success.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...xit-davis-says

So the claim to more money for the NHS was a lie.
The claim that immigration will fall soon after you leave is a lie.
Your economy is being held together by continued membership of the EU...and millions of pounds pumped into it.
You have inflation, rising prices and a dead but won't lie down health service, garbage in the country lanes, schools crumbling and a weather bomb!!!

Have a nice weekend!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:15 PM

Re: I never thought I would hear this

Glad to see his time machine is working.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:19 PM

If you dislike uk so much why be a member of a mainly uk forum, all you do is insult most of us. If I joined a French site I'd expect to either like France or the French otherwise I'd just be a troll.

At least we can drive around with no fear of being car jacked wasn't long ago that was France's problem.

And no one has claimed if won't be hard at first, we need a big change in this country leaving eu is first part of it, sorting out lords is next.

And the rubbish on motorways as you come away from the tunnel isn't necessarily uk rubbish we've watched loads of lorries coming into the country dumping rubbish out their windows as the come into the country. Filthy habit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:45 PM

Hi

Thanks for that Flicker, it has cheered me up no end.

Unlike the UK, France has far more Terrorist Deaths due to the sheer incompetence of your Security Services.

We do not have massive riots and destruction of property due to our Police sodomising a black suspect with a truncheon.

We have not had to ban cars from London on some days due to massive air pollution, unlike Paris.

The UK has not been threatened with sanctions by the EU because our deficit is so high, unlike France.

Our kids have a much better chance of getting a job than the kids in France, our Youth Unemployment is much lower than in France, as is general Unemployment.

When we do leave the EU, France will get hammered, it's farmers will not continue to be subsidised buy us and one of Frances major markets for wine will be hit by a 36% WTO Import Duty.

The wine producers in Australia, New Zealand and Chile are laughing their socks off.

Their will be a temporary advantage to France.

I like Loire Valley wines, in the next 2 years I will do 5 Wine runs to Calais, a 1000 bottles, enough to last me for the next 20 years.

One of my fishing associates has a Patent for engine seals.

He does not need the money, he is totally racked off with the attitude of the French and their threats.

When his current Licensing Contracts run out, he will only re license to those engines made in the UK by French Companies, not to any made in France.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Julie I habitually leave my car unlocked in town and at the supermarket. I once left my credit card in full view in the unlocked car and it was th ere when I got back an hour later.
I have never heard of a car jacking anywhere near here. Where did that come from?

But you DID claim it would be so easy to leave the EU!! Immigration would be down at a stroke. Barriers would go up. Low paid workers who steal wages from poor British people desperate to pick brussels sprouts and pack fish and clean hospital toilets would not be allowed to enter anymore. There would be oodles of money swashing about. Beds in the NHS suddenly available for Brits for next day operations. No more waiting at doctors' surgeries. Class size down to the twenties and only English spoken. No hard strawberries and the trains would run on time...(well maybe that is a move too far).

But clearly that is not going to happen for a very very long time. Because as we have been saying, you need immigrants!!!

and the trouble is that if you want low paid Brits to work like they do then you will have to pay them more...and YOU will be paying more to cover those costs.

It surprises me that as a good goal you want thousands of British people cleaning bedpans, flipping burgers, wiping down restaurant kitchens and killing animals in abbatoirs.

Why not just omit to educating the ones who have learning difficulties, and offer them a job sticking labels on pork chops for a supermarket. That'll keep them off the dole and making sure they pay taxes. Their pensions may be pretty meagre eventually but hey, there will be more who are learning challenged by then.

I don't dislike the UK Julie...I just hate what 53% of the people have done to it.
Flicker
France

23-02-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thanks for that Flicker, it has cheered me up no end.

Unlike the UK, France has far more Terrorist Deaths due to the sheer incompetence of your Security Services.

We do not have massive riots and destruction of property due to our Police sodomising a black suspect with a truncheon.

We have not had to ban cars from London on some days due to massive air pollution, unlike Paris.

The UK has not been threatened with sanctions by the EU because our deficit is so high, unlike France.

Our kids have a much better chance of getting a job than the kids in France, our Youth Unemployment is much lower than in France, as is general Unemployment.

When we do leave the EU, France will get hammered, it's farmers will not continue to be subsidised buy us and one of Frances major markets for wine will be hit by a 36% WTO Import Duty.

The wine producers in Australia, New Zealand and Chile are laughing their socks off.

Their will be a temporary advantage to France.

I like Loire Valley wines, in the next 2 years I will do 5 Wine runs to Calais, a 1000 bottles, enough to last me for the next 20 years.

One of my fishing associates has a Patent for engine seals.

He does not need the money, he is totally racked off with the attitude of the French and their threats.

When his current Licensing Contracts run out, he will only re license to those engines made in the UK by French Companies, not to any made in France.
Good.
Now can we get back to the completely untrue promises about immigration that this thread is all about?

BTW WTO rules say that countries with MFN status (pretty much all of them) cannot use tariffs to change equal competition. A tariff on one item is the same everywhere...Australia, New Zealand, Chile of the EU.

Which you will have to pay. Which mutual members of the EU won't.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
A Chief Brexiteer (doesn't that sound like buccaneer or mutineer or privateer???) telling the truth???

David Davis in Eastern Europe:

During a visit to Estonia, Davis said it will take “years and years” to persuade British workers to do jobs in the hospitality industry or agriculture that are currently carried out by EU migrants, arguing the economy needs continued immigration to maintain its success.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...xit-davis-says

So the claim to more money for the NHS was a lie.
The claim that immigration will fall soon after you leave is a lie.
Your economy is being held together by continued membership of the EU...and millions of pounds pumped into it.
You have inflation, rising prices and a dead but won't lie down health service, garbage in the country lanes, schools crumbling and a weather bomb!!!

Have a nice weekend!!
Well I think David Davis might be getting a little bit confused with regard jobs in the hospitality industry. He could of course be referring to London, which happens so often, and the remainder of the country is not part of their point of view.
Never heard such nonsense. All the university students for a start, take on hospitality jobs.
We did it for long enough , why can't we now ? Some people of course would rather consider themselves to be of higher ranking and look down on those who do the more menial tasks as a job. Doesn't bother most though, it's all eyewash to say the Brits don't want the jobs, they aren't even advertised in this country. The difference is ,no one gets full time hours now, due to keeping the unemployment figures down. So the result is more benefit pay outs.
Maybe you are saying migrants should arrive in EU countries purely to do the shit jobs ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 01:24 PM

Julie I habitually leave my car unlocked in town and at the supermarket. I once left my credit card in full view in the unlocked car and it was th ere when I got back an hour later.
I have never heard of a car jacking anywhere near here. Where did that come from?

But you DID claim it would be so easy to leave the EU!! Immigration would be down at a stroke. Barriers would go up. Low paid workers who steal wages from poor British people desperate to pick brussels sprouts and pack fish and clean hospital toilets would not be allowed to enter anymore. There would be oodles of money swashing about. Beds in the NHS suddenly available for Brits for next day operations. No more waiting at doctors' surgeries. Class size down to the twenties and only English spoken. No hard strawberries and the trains would run on time...(well maybe that is a move too far).

But clearly that is not going to happen for a very very long time. Because as we have been saying, you need immigrants!!!

and the trouble is that if you want low paid Brits to work like they do then you will have to pay them more...and YOU will be paying more to cover those costs.

It surprises me that as a good goal you want thousands of British people cleaning bedpans, flipping burgers, wiping down restaurant kitchens and killing animals in abbatoirs.

Why not just omit to educating the ones who have learning difficulties, and offer them a job sticking labels on pork chops for a supermarket. That'll keep them off the dole and making sure they pay taxes. Their pensions may be pretty meagre eventually but hey, there will be more who are learning challenged by then.

I don't dislike the UK Julie...I just hate what 53% of the people have done to it.
So only 53 percent of us drop litter ? Yeah that's right I'd say it's less they are just very prolific.

But could you point to posts where I claimed any of what you say ? Apart from its easy to leave because I do believe we are all making it harder than it needs to be.

Btw I don't see any problem with us cleaning bedpans etc we are not above that or superior to others in Eastern Europe etc I'd suggest it's racist to believe we are.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 01:36 PM

Good.
Now can we get back to the completely untrue promises about immigration that this thread is all about?

BTW WTO rules say that countries with MFN status (pretty much all of them) cannot use tariffs to change equal competition. A tariff on one item is the same everywhere...Australia, New Zealand, Chile of the EU.

Which you will have to pay. Which mutual members of the EU won't.

Hi

I am constantly surprised by your lack of understanding.

WTO Rules will apply, we all ready pay Tariffs on non EU Imported Products, those same tariffs will apply to EU Products when we leave.

You also do not seem to understand the simple fact that we are not supported by the EU.

We are the second largest Contributor to EU Funding, the EU will have to deal with that when we leave.

The EU is threatening the UK, fine, that is the nature of the game.

Your Presidential Candidate, Macron, was here in the UK for a meeting with our PM, May.

He took the opportunity of threatening the UK.

Not a good idea.

Two can play hardball.

We own 16.6 % of the European Investment Bank, and as such, the same amount of the Loan Book.

We can just sell it to Putin and up yours.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 01:54 PM

You lot just keep on rising to the bait, you really should know better by now. Some members are, unfortunately, just embittered I know best remainers whose only apparent joy is to foretell of our imminent demise, and nothing you can say to them will ever change that. To argue with them is only to extend their joy for that is their only comfort...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top