Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 12:44 PM

Re: I've never really been one for taking photos, regretfully.

My children/grandchildren are only interested in the photos that relate to them and their immediate family taken in their lifetime. They certainly wouldn't want my vast photo collection, as the boxes it is in take up a lot of space. That also goes for my husband's considerable stamp collection, and the coin collection I didn't even know my father owned until after his death; which landed on my doorstep as my siblings weren't interested in it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 12:54 PM

From today I'm going to catalogue my travels.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 01:35 PM

I have had a camera for as long as I can remember. Although I can't remember when my mum gave me one of her Box brownies. I would buy the 120 film and get it developed in the chemist.
When I was 13, I got as A present another box camera, I think it was a Coronet.
I even won a competition whilst at school with this camera.
When I left school I worked in a news photo agency in Fleet Street. I have had many of my pictures published in newspapers and magazines over the years.
I always have a camera in my pocket. No not a phone camera.
Recently I was in my loft, and I found a box of colour slides. Most were from my early married life and after.
I have just finished converting them to digital, and also copied then to memory sticks, that I have given to my children.
I have also found book of negatives that when I can also sort out and copy to digital.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 02:21 PM

Some lovely memories there for you Emjay.
I do applaud you for know how to do all this digital stuff!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 02:39 PM

Abu Simbel Egypt

This was moved from where lake Nasser is now . Each part was moved brick by brick and reconstructed as it is now

Supposed birthplace of Apollo

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:18 PM

In Yosemite National park California

Amazing scenery there
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:23 PM

Realspeed............are you taking the pi$$?

I merely mentioned your photos, it wasn't an invite to rub salt in my wounds.

Talk about kicking a man when he's down.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:27 PM

My one regret is when I went to America and Canada for the first time I was so in awe I took only a handful of photos! However all the places I went to would be so different: the Niagara Falls for instance, and in Canada (Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec), but I'd love to retrace my steps and take photos anew.

Now I make sure I take plenty. For the NZ and Singapore trip (exactly 5 years ago) I came back with over 1400 images (photos/video clips).

Take the DSLR, compact or iPhone with me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My one regret is when I went to America and Canada for the first time I was so in awe I took only a handful of photos! However all the places I went to would be so different: the Niagara Falls for instance, and in Canada (Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec), but I'd love to retrace my steps and take photos anew.

Now I make sure I take plenty. For the NZ and Singapore trip (exactly 5 years ago) I came back with over 1400 images (photos/video clips).

Take the DSLR, compact or iPhone with me.
The one time I took hundreds was after I picked up a brand new 40' Sports Cruiser from Poole...had the manufacturers delivery skipper with me to deliver it to Jersey(export, can avoid paying VAT this way)

I used it for a couple of weeks then brought back to the UK, put on a lorry and transported to Spain.

Our first holiday aboard was fabulous...we motored to the Balearics and spent the summer holidays island hopping.

On the vary last day we motored back to the mainland, stopping to take some photos of whales I dropped the camera.......I was absolutely gutted.

The initial delivery and all the family hol snaps lost.
#You'd think I'd learn a lesson but, nope.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-02-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Realspeed............are you taking the pi$$?

I merely mentioned your photos, it wasn't an invite to rub salt in my wounds.

Talk about kicking a man when he's down.
Sorry I will remove them then ifyou wish

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top