Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 03:53 PM

Re: I've never really been one for taking photos, regretfully.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sorry I will remove them then ifyou wish
Don't you dare remove them...I was pulling your leg.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Sad , but you still have your memories and thats a wonderful thing to have.

OH will be 60 this year and he doesnt know it yet but we are fishing out old photos so that we can do a 'This is your life' style birthday with a big red photo book!
How lovely !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 04:29 PM

Here is a photo of one of my 10/- coins.

The king featured on it is William 1

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ten shilling piece.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	2688  
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 04:30 PM

The biggest problem is identifying people on old deckle edged prints. "I'm sure that's Aunt Julie. or is it Georges mother?" Name and date on the back would lessen head scratching.
A friend took months scanning 35mm slides on to a DVD, then threw them away. All for the grandchildren. In ten years, will those grandchildren be able to read those DVDs? Software changes. 35mm slides may go pinkish, but he was daft to get rid!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Fred, my rescued race horse(of which I know nothing)

Tiling my day room

A mate at work

my bikes

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 09:13 PM

Yes, not enough photo's, lest we forget.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:18 PM

Life is too short to waste time looking through the lens of a camera.....No bugger cares what you have done once you've gone....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Life is too short to waste time looking through the lens of a camera.....No bugger cares what you have done once you've gone....
Except the police?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:12 AM

I have been into photography for many years and have around 80,000 pictures under my belt (or at least on a hard drive). As I catalogue them by location and date, it is always good to look back and see what I was doing and where. I can't go anywhere without my camera and a holiday isn't a holiday unless I have a stack of batteries and an empty memory card. I usually expect to take roughly 1,000 pics a week whenever I go away.

Many times arguments have been settled between myself and my 'good lady' about how many times we went somewhere and how long ago we went - although sometimes when you see the dates, its frightening to see how much time has passed in a short space of time. It serves as a very good archive of not only of places around the world, but how they have changed.

My latest project is scanning in all the family photos, which requires hours of restoration with Photoshop to bring up faded detail, rebalance colours, mend scratches, creases and missing parts. Unfortunately most of my relatives have died and there is a fair percentage of pics of people who I have no idea who they are. But I carry on for posterity and I have younger cousins who are into genealogy who could probably trace them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 12:26 AM

Just put up some of the many photos of China when we were there
Link

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...76#post1101876

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top