Join for free
Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 08:27 AM

Re: Tony Blair tells the people to ‘rise up’ against Brexit

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not clear who we borrow billions or trillions from to fund our national debt via gilts, but they might not want to lend us money in future if we walk out on prior financial and contractual commitments in a hissy fit. Doing so would make us into an unstable economy and an unattractive place to invest.

I for one do not fancy being "hurt badly".

So talk of walking out on commitments is just political posturing. Nuclear option is apt.
Hi

It is not the UK who has had a hissey fit.

There is nothing in Article 50 that prohibits negotiating a future trade relationship at the same time as negotiating the financial aspects of withdrawal.

That was a decision of the EU Commission, the Bureaucrats.

The is nothing in Article 50 which states that a Country must be punished for leaving.

Juncker has publicly stated that we must leave with a bad deal.

Article 50 is however totally clear that if no deal is reached, the Country which is leaving does so at the end of the 2 year period.

There is no suggestion that we will not pay what we are legally obliged to, the question is rather how much we have to pay.

The EU is busy adding up an enormous bill, but is omitting to include, or even negotiate on what benefits the EU have had from our Contributions over the years.

This is an absolute nonsense, it is sheer bully boy tactics.

If we do not stand and fight it we will become an International laughing stock and any future trade negotiations outside the EU will not be to our benefit, they will be to our detriment.

We can avoid the International Pariah thing by guaranteeing our debt payments, whilst making it perfectly clear that we are in dispute with the EU about Asset Valuations.

I have never been of the opinion that leaving the EU would save us a penny and I have always accepted that short term at least, it is going to be costly to do so until we have new trade agreements elsewhere.

I will not however agree with our Government handing over tens of billions of our cash without a fight.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Have you ever thought Flicker that this is precisely the attitude which has caused a great resentment of the EU here in the UK?

If it is pay up front before we even talk to you then we do have the nuclear option.

Which is just to leave, just walk out, no two year waiting period, no money up front and just stop paying.

Yes it will hurt, it will hurt us badly, but we do not like being bullied.
And wh at will other countries you need to do trade deals will think of such a dishonest trading partner?

You OWE that money that you borrowed. I thought the UK was honourable. Who will lend you money then?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think that blair should be on TV tellung us what idiots we are and to do as we are told and stay in the EU.

This should be followed by another 5 minutes of Lord Mandelson telling us the same is his sneering way.

This would ensure that we left.
What a childish response!
NO wonder Leavers would put the UK into terminal crlppling debt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:07 AM

The amount we owe would seem to be the question, I'd suggest we let them produce the bill then we can see what we consider fair. No one in their right mind would accept a bill without proof they owed it.
Flicker
France

21-02-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Talk about sneering - the bastard is putting his own two penn'orth in exhorting the Lords not `throw in the towel` when they discuss Brexit legislation on leaving the EU tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39020252

I haven't watched the clip myself, I can't stand his creepy voice.
So you really don't know what he said. Do you?

Next...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:16 AM

After reading your posts I have it in my heart to feel great sympathy for the French.
Flicker
France

21-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And still it goes on. Do you honestly think that if you keep telling us that we didn't know what we were voting for, we'd change our minds?

WE ARE LEAVING, like it or not.

I voted out and I know full well why I voted that way.
I have seen zero evidence that you and many in here knew either what you were voting against or what you were voting for that could possibly happen.
You were duped by Bumbly Boris, failed PM IDS and pathetic Gove.

But the used simple words, short sentences and jingoistic emotion to put the cherry on the 45 years of Daily Mail propaganda.

You know what your were TOLD you were voting for. If I saw any inkling of any original thought or glimmer of insight in any of your post I might not be so sure. As it is you at best repeat yourself and at not even worst, repeat what the press and media tells you to say in pithy soundbites.
At the very worst you make things up.

So no; not only don't you know what you were voting for, you didn't understand the simplest of realities.
Flicker
France

21-02-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Just like Gordon Brown before her then?

You would use a comparisosn that bites you on the arse.
He was an abject failure. Also.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I have seen zero evidence that you and many in here knew either what you were voting against or what you were voting for that could possibly happen.
You were duped by Bumbly Boris, failed PM IDS and pathetic Gove.

But the used simple words, short sentences and jingoistic emotion to put the cherry on the 45 years of Daily Mail propaganda.

You know what your were TOLD you were voting for. If I saw any inkling of any original thought or glimmer of insight in any of your post I might not be so sure. As it is you at best repeat yourself and at not even worst, repeat what the press and media tells you to say in pithy soundbites.
At the very worst you make things up.

So no; not only don't you know what you were voting for, you didn't understand the simplest of realities.
Kettle and Frying pan springs to mind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Looks like Purwell's post has disappeared.
Oh what a shame!

Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top