Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 02:01 PM

A Few Days Of Regal Company..

My neighbours have gone on holiday and their daughter is at work all day so for a few days my Abby and I will have a rather beautiful and very stately Greyhound called Blue walking around Abbey Woods with us. Three walks a day, weather permitting, and for the rest of the day Blue just enjoys sleeping on the sofa with Abbey..and me if I can find a space. I'm really going to miss her when she goes.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Re: A Few Days Of Regal Company..

Enjoy EZ, Greyhounds are such beautiful dogs, unless they want to chase a cat of course !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 03:11 PM

I love greyhounds a girl I worked with had 6 all rescued .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 03:29 PM

Do greyhounds in the UK have to be muzzled when taken out? They do in NSW.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 03:30 PM

I've always fancied having one myself and there always seems to be lots of retired racing greyhounds looking for good homes. But I always said I wouldn't have another dog until I knew the dog would outlive me. I've had lots of dogs over the years and its so heart breaking when you lose them, I couldn't face losing another..then one of my sons turned up one day with the smallest of Jack Russell puppies. That was four years ago. Its not easy trying to type with a dog on my lap!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Do greyhounds in the UK have to be muzzled when taken out? They do in NSW.
Hi Bruce. No, only those on the dangerous dogs list.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Many are though Bruce, on recommendation, because of their propensity to chase cats.

Most Greyhouds we see are ex racers, rescued by welfare, and have been trained to chase the hare. Obviously the chase instinct is very ingrained.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top