Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 05:07 PM

Re: Spiders

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
What you need to do is beat them at their own game, scare them s***less!

This is not my usual attire, just my Black Widow costume for a photo shoot!

Brilliant, Twiz ! I love it !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=Twizard;525218]What you need to do is beat them at their own game, scare them s***less!QUOTE]

Blimey, scary stuff that is Twiz!
Wouldn't want to meet you on a dark night.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 06:12 PM

I had one a week ago run along the floor. Quite big. Sprayed around the area (he disappeared behind my stereo) then I saw him go up the curtain. One whack with a fly sway, sorted!

The spray, fly swat and big box are by my chair. I have sprayed in my bedroom around my bed etc. with a spider repellent., £3 in Morrisons.

Hate the buggers!!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Didn't know about the spider repellent, Jazzi, might have to invest in some just in case one appears and sets off chain reaction!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 07:55 PM

spiders are nice-they trap those ruddy flies
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 09:21 PM

All you spider haters need to go out and collect a heap of conkers - leave them in corners, on window sills etc., - spiders hate them !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;525700]I had one a week ago run along the floor. Quite big. Sprayed around the area (he disappeared behind my stereo) then I saw him go up the curtain. One whack with a fly sway, sorted!

You killed it!, how could you be so cruel Jazzi, the poor chap probably had a large family waiting for daddy to come home with the grub, by killing him you probably wiped out all his dependants, don't come complaining when all the flies start annoying yeh in next weeks hot weather.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;525770]
Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I had one a week ago run along the floor. Quite big. Sprayed around the area (he disappeared behind my stereo) then I saw him go up the curtain. One whack with a fly sway, sorted!

You killed it!, how could you be so cruel Jazzi, the poor chap probably had a large family waiting for daddy to come home with the grub, by killing him you probably wiped out all his dependants, don't come complaining when all the flies start annoying yeh in next weeks hot weather.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
All you spider haters need to go out and collect a heap of conkers - leave them in corners, on window sills etc., - spiders hate them !

I've heard that before ST. I wonder if it actually works though? There are a lot of conkers on the grass down our local park at the mo, so it's worth a try - as long as my dogs don't pinch the conkers cos they're harmful to pooches.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

30-08-2014, 07:00 AM

It is an oldie country thing - but it does work, Mups. I have a friend who is terrified of spiders and she has two or three conkers on each window sill, a few by her patio doors and has remained spiderless for ages.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top