Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 12:55 PM

Re: What Gives With Rotherham

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Think thats why its been hushed for years nobody in power(police and Left wing councils) wants to be accused as anti Muslim.
I would agree with that...many have their hands tied due to PC.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the law of UK does not condone sexual abuse of anyone including minors 'by anyone [including Jimmy Saville or Rolf Harris!]. The law of UK is not a Sharia law or any or any other 'multicultural' law it is the law of UK. We welcome and accept our multicutural society but we have no 'multicultural' laws to control it - we have one law -UK law and this is the one that must and should be followed in all parts of the land and for all its citizens!
Well said . <applaud>
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....One other point, people born in this country whatever the origin of their parents are British and whether some people like it or not they are here to stay and we should get used to that fact.

It is time we stopped labeling people by ethnicity and started treating everyone the same. That way there can be no excuses for not taking action .
Excellent post Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
As I said earlier in this thread, I know what pressures are on local authority workers to avoid anything which might involve criticism of those from BME communities - the absolutely worst, career-destroying accusation that can be made in local government circles is that of racism and people are scared witless of such an accusation being levelled at them.
Mick can you then explain to me how come people of ethnic origin have been accused and found guilty of crimes from shoplifting to murder. Surely people informing on and prosecuting those crimes could have been concerned about allegations of racism and failed to act but they went ahead. What is so special about 'local authority workers'.

As I said earlier I think there is smoke screen here with the ethnicity of offenders being used to cover up the failings of others . Maybe some investigations were quietly shelved because people in high places feared that sexual offences committed by people who were not of ethnic origin might be revealed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 02:27 PM

...the same thing goes on with 'local authority workers' in child abuse cases , failing to act then blaming others..

Fifteen month-old 'Baby P' was left to die at the hands of his mother and stepfather because of catastrophic blunders by doctors, police and the same Haringey Borough Council who so disastrously failed to help nine year-old Anna Climbie ten years earlier. Rather than resign in shame, doctors and social workers have fallen over eachother to blame others and keep their jobs. -
http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/c_famous_cr.../crime_vaults/

..they don't have the so called fear of being called a racist to hide behind in many of these cases though.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mick can you then explain to me how come people of ethnic origin have been accused and found guilty of crimes from shoplifting to murder. Surely people informing on and prosecuting those crimes could have been concerned about allegations of racism and failed to act but they went ahead. What is so special about 'local authority workers'
I think that until you have worked in local government, teaching, broadcasting, police etc, it is very difficult to understand just how insidious is the fear of being accused of racism. It is totally different when one individual is accused of a crime, In this case, large numbers of men from one particular community - a community around which for a variety of reasons, the authority tiptoes its way trying to avoid offence. It is not just about child sexual abuse either - Female genital mutilation, Trojan Horse schools, forced marriages, "honour" killings - have also not received the attention from the police and local authorities that they merit. The fear (from the point of view of the "top" people involved - councillors, Social Services Directors, senior police officers) - is that such accusations reflect upon the whole community and would damage that most sacred of local government sacred cows, "Community Cohesion."

Ann Cryer, MP for Keighley fought for years to get forced marriages banned but recieved little support from fellow MPs because they were scared of alienating Muslim Labour voters.
Local authority workers/police/teachers etc are "special" because they were in a unique position to stop the abuse and, for a variety of reasons (none honourable) chose not to.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think that until you have worked in local government, teaching, broadcasting, police etc, it is very difficult to understand just how insidious is the fear of being accused of racism. It is totally different when one individual is accused of a crime, In this case, large numbers of men from one particular community - a community around which for a variety of reasons, the authority tiptoes its way trying to avoid offence. It is not just about child sexual abuse either - Female genital mutilation, Trojan Horse schools, forced marriages, "honour" killings - have also not received the attention from the police and local authorities that they merit. The fear (from the point of view of the "top" people involved - councillors, Social Services Directors, senior police officers) - is that such accusations reflect upon the whole community and would damage that most sacred of local government sacred cows, "Community Cohesion."

Ann Cryer, MP for Keighley fought for years to get forced marriages banned but recieved little support from fellow MPs because they were scared of alienating Muslim Labour voters.
Local authority workers/police/teachers etc are "special" because they were in a unique position to stop the abuse and, for a variety of reasons (none honourable) chose not to.
I have pondered long and hard to comprehend the nature of the great and glorious service to the Nation that merited the aforesaid section of the community being awarded exalted and revered status putting them above the indigenous plebeian ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-08-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
I have pondered long and hard to comprehend the nature of the great and glorious service to the Nation that merited the aforesaid section of the community being awarded exalted and revered status putting them above the indigenous pleb .
Was it giving us open all hours corner shops ?
And thereby hangs a take Eric
A number of years ago when visiting a family in the north of England my hosts suggested a walk to the village butchers shop one of a number of local shops.

I wanted a couple of items myself and looking into the window of the general store I remarked to my host that the sparse selection of goods in the window looked old and faded.

My host replied that the shop belonged to a Pakistani family so 'locals' were reluctant to shop there because 'those people are not very clean' so the local population preferred to walk to another shop rather than to patronise them .Consequently very few goods were sold so the stock looked old.

Just then an Asian woman came to the window and gazed out with sad eyes. I felt awful for her and went into the shop and bought some trivial items. She was very polite and attentive.

What a way to treat people many of whom were descendants of those we encouraged to come here to boost the labour shortage after WW2 and who helped build prosperity in the UK.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Think thats why its been hushed for years nobody in power(police and Left wing councils) wants to be accused as anti Muslim.
Nothing do do with being Muslim a similar thing has been happening in a few aboriginal communities here and they are definitely not Muslim.

Is the UK is still sending their criminals out here?

Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nothing do do with being Muslim a similar thing has been happening in a few aboriginal communities here and they are definitely not Muslim.

Is the UK is still sending their criminals out here?
We could probably round up a few more if you are running short of them ! Want any Politicians ?

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top