Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Thieves!!!..

Where I live..theft is a common problem...

I got out of my bath at 8 am in the morning about 2 years ago and noticed that my front door was open.
Went downstairs to be confronted by a hoodie.who had my handbag in one hand and a sharp pointy knife in the other..I got behind the front door shouting ''get out..get out!'' He ran out of the door never to be seen again..
At the back of my garden is a lane leading to some garages..people take advantage of this and have nicked metal rain barrels..zinc bins..garden ornaments and a stone bird bath..

I am absolutely sick of it..police do nothing..and basically come round just to give you a crime number for insurance purposes..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:10 PM

Re: Thieves!!!..

Used to feel safe here but recently my nieces disability adapted bike was stolen, we are currently having lead flashing replaced on the garages, and we have had packages left in the communal hallway stolen (have to have a key to get in so has to be a neighbour

Went for a walk with Betty last night and was witness to a man threatening a woman wanting her bag, when he saw he was being watched he cleared off but it's a worry.

Police ? we have a lovely pretend police man who is scared of his own shadow and not keen on coming out in the dark so I don't hold out much hope of any help from him.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Very little crime near us and personally I have never had a crime committed against me except for once when I was conned out of £80.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:18 PM

Blimey, some of you must live in rough areas, We don't have crime like that round here, although some areas are dodgy.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Oh my! I'd invest in a good security system... or a VERY large dog.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Used to feel safe here but recently my nieces disability adapted bike was stolen, we are currently having lead flashing replaced on the garages, and we have had packages left in the communal hallway stolen (have to have a key to get in so has to be a neighbour

Went for a walk with Betty last night and was witness to a man threatening a woman wanting her bag, when he saw he was being watched he cleared off but it's a worry.

Police ? we have a lovely pretend police man who is scared of his own shadow and not keen on coming out in the dark so I don't hold out much hope of any help from him.
After the incident with the ''hoodie''I had the police round every evening..drinking tea and eating cake..

And was I ''OK?''..

Felt like saying..''No, I am not OK''..

How about going and catching some of these b*stards??
lilac
West yorks uk

02-05-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Oh my! I'd invest in a good security system... or a VERY large dog.
We have a burglar alarm..if it goes off..it can flash blue until forever.

No-one takes any notice..and the police do not come..

I would love a large dog..trouble is..I work 8 hrs a day..

It just wouldn't be fair...
lilac
West yorks uk

02-05-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Blimey, some of you must live in rough areas, We don't have crime like that round here, although some areas are dodgy.
It is not a rough area Jimmy..Thieves don't rob poor people..I live in a 3-bed Yorkshire stone house..As I don't live in the nearest council estate..people think we are minted!!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
It is not a rough area Jimmy..Thieves don't rob poor people..
A druggy will steal from anyone to feed his habit.

We do get quite a few distraction burglaries reported in the local paper, no mater how many warnings are given out people are still letting bogus officials in.
lilac
West yorks uk

02-05-2014, 02:43 PM

I get people come into my garden to get cans out of my re-cycling bin..I told them that in future I would put them in a clear bag and leave it behind the garden gate every Friday..

Trouble is..with ''Bogus officials''..They have paperwork..and convincing looking badges..They know your name...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top