Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Re: Is It So Wrong Not To Attend A Sister's Funeral?

I hope when my kids remember me they giggle, as they think of all the crazy escapades this daft old bat has got up to during her life.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 03:48 PM

I personally couldn't NOT attend a Sisters Funeral as it would be unthinkable...but if You both hated one anothers guts and You weren't close to Her Children,then why bother.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:26 PM

If I didn't have to & it seems you don't, then don't go, I wouldn't go either under those circumstances. Just send a card with condolences on it, to the family.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Deleted... decided a bit personal.
Go on! Let it all hang out girl!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Well Gravitas are you going or not ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Go on! Let it all hang out girl!
Why don't you let it all hang out, as you seem to have raised more questions than answers

Does this branch of the family live many miles from you?

Tell us more about the situation and why it arose?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
if there has been no contact for 30 years how does Gravitas know that the kids wanted her dead for her inheritance ?
As I already said one of my brothers (and his wife) have always been in contact and her daughter rang him. She rand him when she had my sister sectioned (if that's what it is when your marbles go) and also told him she hardly bothers to pop round to see her because she wasn't a very huggy type mother. But I don't think many were back in the day. I was certainly unaware anyone did that sort of thing.

Anyway, she was hoping she died quickly so she didn't eat into "her children's inheritance".

Actually, I went to my sister's husband's funeral 20 years ago even though he manage never to speak to me. Apart from when I was eight just after my dad died (I think it was). It was Christmas morning and I woke excitedly to find my presents at the bottom of the bed. There was a cap gun. I fired it a couple off times only to hear him bellow from another bedroom " SHUT THE **** UP!"

Waking the whole house. He'd recently married my sister and was living their, building up his bank balance until he moved out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Dear me old hatreds run deep!
Don't worry you are not alone .
Just go Gravitas it's the right thing to do .
Gravitas
North England

16-07-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I personally couldn't NOT attend a Sisters Funeral as it would be unthinkable...but if You both hated one anothers guts and You weren't close to Her Children,then why bother.
I never suggested I hated her guts. Nor she mine.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 06:00 PM

I haven't read the thread, but, I was told by my father many many years ago that you don't attend a funeral for the deceased benefit.
Are there any relatives that are deeply in grief, that you do feel for ?
Your attendance might console them, but it is entirely your choice whatever you do, and nothing to feel bad about.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top