Join for free
Page 787 of 1676 « First < 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 1287 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:08 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

wot goddam thread am I on anyways - is the one with the absentee farmer RJ???

well Jem here's one for you old fellow see as yuz is doing a sterling job around here!!

Well jest fa yuz Jem watching two old westerns this Sunday arvo – Night Passage with James stuart ;audie Murphy and dan Duryea – ya classic western with trains and guns and women!!

Then comes a horseman –with jane fonda ; james caan and Jason robards – she starred in this in 1978 and by then had starred in 27 movies and been nominated for various awards – she was a star from the beginning and she went on to make many more including her current with Robert redford – wot did I like about them all ?? – good acting of course – well sure gon it partner great actin – ain’t it just – but the bloody scenery is bloody magic ain’t it just – yep they don’t make filums like that no more – even that ‘on mountain …..’ somemut doesn’t muster does it Jem?? And of cours not forgettin the dialogue – pure gold!! – A I’m serious too!

fill in the blanks for me if ya can!!

ps: were they always filmed in the same location??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:46 AM

where are ya Jem god damit - I'm still watching this last fillum and it's fantastic - script brilliant - actin same this is not trite stuff ; this is a very power full dialogue which bring out a lot of social issues including incest - Jane fonda admits to being raped by an elder rancher FGS! this is heady stuff - I need ya support on this one Jem - ya gotta talk me down from it??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-06-2018, 10:00 AM

oh my god they're in bed together now - who why caan and fonda - very smooth!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Calm down me lad, by God that Jane Fonda was something else in her day.
Ah yes Gummy it’s great to be able to sink into a good old film and be carried away to the hills and valleys, prairies and forests, the sound of thundering hooves and cries of ‘Yeeehaaa!’ and ‘Hi oh Silver, away!’ At least it got you writing something again instead of having you bogged down on one liners, we already got a one liner expert who bridges that gap superbly, tink yo, sometimes with sand and cement.

I remember reading somewhere that those two famous cowboys Randolph Scott and Joel McCrea were “An item” when it was dangerous to be “An item”, I never liked that that expression “An item” I always thought an item was a “Thing” and if somebody called me a “Thing” they would receive a black eye very promptly. What if I described that old science fiction film as “The Item from Outer Space”? would the Thing be insulted I wonder.

As the Rabbit said on Saturday night “I just washed my thing and i can’t do a hare with it”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-06-2018, 12:50 PM

well that was helpful - NOT - I asked many questions and you just ignored them - well OK - I at least know were I stand in the future - goodbye I will watch my fillums alone!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 01:02 PM

TFFT!

I thought the gibbering old tart would NEVER stop babbling 'n' yakking!

[oh,btw y'grumpy old puss-
magnets have aligned magnetic {linear}fields of attraction.
ferro magnets have non-aligned fields...gottit?]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well that was helpful - NOT - I asked many questions and you just ignored them - well OK - I at least know were I stand in the future - goodbye I will watch my fillums alone!!
I did not ignore the questions Gummy old bean, it takes a while for the questions to sink in and the wrong answers to be made up, if i don’t know the answers I will still have a shot at the question, even if it’s two or three pages later, besides I’ve asked loads of questions and i couldn’t give a fiddlers when they get ignored, i’m used to it.

“Then comes a horseman –with jane fonda ; james caan and Jason robards – she starred in this in 1978 and by then had starred in 27 movies and been nominated for various awards – she was a star from the beginning and she went on to make many more including her current with Robert redford – wot did I like about them all ?? – good acting of course – well sure gon it partner great actin – ain’t it just – but the bloody scenery is bloody magic ain’t it just – yep they don’t make filums like that no more – even that ‘on mountain …..’ somemut doesn’t muster does it Jem?? And of cours not forgettin the dialogue – pure gold!! – A I’m serious too!

fill in the blanks for me if ya can!!

ps: were they always filmed in the same location?”

i'm afraid I didn't see that film Gummy, but i will make a note to watch it. I agree with you about the mentioned being great actors, and great actors will not act in bad films if they can help it, so I'd imagine the film is a first class production too. Jane Fonda daughter of Henry and brother of Peter was born to films, a natural, although I never rated Peter Fonda as anything special in the acting line. Redford in my opinion was more than just a pretty face to the ladies, he was brilliant in “Brubaker” he has real talent. what can one add about Jason Robards? a film legend who always turned in a great performance.
Personally I think the standards have dropped and all Hollywood is producing now is rubbish, when they run out of ideas they should resort to remaking old successful films as they always used to, but that is just my opinion and it doesn’t answer your question, was it “Were they all filmed in the same location?” your guess is a good as mine, but I suppose they probably were as they would all be familiar with the surroundings and it’s hard to spot the same tree/rock twice, unless it was “Ayer's Rock”
Now you’ll say the posts are too long, a fella just can’t win.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:10 PM

talk about extremes, the was that Cowboy who never had sex (The Virginian) and his mate "Randy Bone".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:19 PM

Went to Bicester classic and Sports Car Show today, bloody hot there.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:19 PM

Yebbut,it was the Loan Arranger,who was first to wear a gimp mask!

Page 787 of 1676 « First < 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 1287 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top