Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 06:14 PM

Re: Radio controlled boats, planes, and cars.

The Ply inside the firewall cavity is far superior quality to the original, and glued over it's entire surface area, the standoffs have large washers behind the firewall which were a breeze to do whilst it was detached, the external join to the sides will also be braced one side with a table support for the electronic ignition unit, and on the other with a support for the separate ignition Lipo, and underneath will go the ignition cut out unit.
The alternative to this method I have seen done was to enlarge the hole in the firewall, so the rear carburettor passed inside, then at a cost of about £15.00 discard the 60mm standoffs in favour of 30mm ones, but this would compromise the structural integrity of the firewall, and some ugly cuts have to be made to the cowl, to supply sufficient air to the carb, and holes made to adjust the carb needles.
I am awaiting a few bits to come to complete this, but, if it is complete by next week, I'll take it to the flying field, and post a video of it's maiden flight.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:19 AM

Haven't had time to complete the Extra fully because I am having difficulty getting clearance on the Throttle and Choke butterfly operating arms, but, as usual my son has purchased the next project in advance, a Pitts M-12s, a Great Planes model with a 68.5" span, to be powered by a DLE 61 petrol unit.
He paid a bargain price for it at Kings Lynn Models (£160.00 less than the RRP which is being charged elsewhere)
Here is a couple of photos of the packaging, and a couple of a large Extra.

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 07:00 PM

Love your models guys, some good work there.
Was in the park yesterday watching the radio controlled boats zipping all over the lake and it got me interested.
But I haven't the dexterity to put a model together I have the shakes although I can follow drawings.
Just wondered if anybody could recommend a ready made model.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-04-2016, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Love your models guys, some good work there.
Was in the park yesterday watching the radio controlled boats zipping all over the lake and it got me interested.
But I haven't the dexterity to put a model together I have the shakes although I can follow drawings.
Just wondered if anybody could recommend a ready made model.
Most Planes are ARTF nowadays (Almost ready to Fly) Wrinkly, the larger ones aren't to fiddly, and in most cases, easier to control.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Thanks Paul, but I think flying planes around here may be a bit dangerous, I think a boat maybe the best thing.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-07-2016, 09:14 PM

Been to LMA (Large Model Association) event at RAF Cosford today, took some film footage, was sad to see a massive Pitts Challenger (I think it was) hit the deck, got to be £10,000.00 - £12,000.00 worth, I have it on film, will post it tomorrow (with daughters help)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Here is the video uploaded to youtube, only saving grace is I think the guy who manufactures these was displaying it.

https://youtu.be/FAEYAIafcLg
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-06-2017, 02:40 PM

First Show of the year today, just outside Stratford on Avon, a very pleasant morning
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Long Marston, last Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJKlxe13xQ
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-06-2017, 09:38 PM

Weston Park Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YkRh-Rvz0

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top