Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

05-10-2015, 05:29 PM

Re: Spotted Dick & Bread and Butter Pudding& Jam Roly Poly

Gosh I'm hungry reading this...I love puds and do make the old ones and my own meat pies and pasties too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh no Mags darlin' not water!!! - use 1/2 pt orange juice, 6oz dried mixed fruit and add Cinnamon, mixed spice and Allspice - tastes much, much better that way.
I'm with you Uncle Joe. That mix of spices makes for Christmas in a cake. I would add that to lots of things inc muffins, cookies and so on.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:21 PM

Never had bread and butter pudding but love all the others mentioned. Can't have them now, unfortunately, unless I make them myself.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 09:20 AM

I make my bread pud to a Mary Berry recipe, but customise it...ie leaving out the fruit! It calls for soaking bread in milk, and the end result is usually yum. I add some black treacle to mine.

Don't like bread and butter pud, any spotted dick shouldn't have the 'spots' in, but I adore jam suet puds. Try not to eat them though.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Never had school dinners as I lived too close and used to go home for lunch, but my mum usually made a pudding for afters, as long as it was swimming in custard I didn't mind, didn't like tapioca ( frog spawn) though, even today I will eat most puddings as long as there's loads of custard
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

06-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
These are not heard off much nowadays but i love them do people still make these or do they buy them already made?
I live in Canada and work at a winery restaurant. Our chef sources locally and adds a global flair to our menu choices. I recall last season he added Spotted Dick and I must say those that weren't familiar with it well shall we say, I had some comical responses...
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
These are not heard off much nowadays but i love them do people still make these or do they buy them already made?
MPs in the 'House of Commons. have been told not to say Spotted Dick. In their Restaurants, it is now known as Spotted Richard.!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 09:35 PM

I'm sitting at the table waiting like Billy Bunter !
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Not a pudding lover but I too love bread pudding and make it a few times a year. Luckily it freezes well else Id be the size of a fridge as its only me that eats it
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
MPs in the 'House of Commons. have been told not to say Spotted Dick. In their Restaurants, it is now known as Spotted Richard.!
Heh heh,luv it...It's a long time since I tasted any of these pud's except jam roly-poly...Do They have a new Name for that too I wonder.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top