Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Re: Anyone else has a footie addict hubby?

Originally Posted by merz ->
I've turned into one Alicat, but only when England play or Manchester United!

Will be watching tomorrow-a taste of things to come

While on the subject, congratulations to 'The Tangerines' (Blackpool for those who don't know what I'm on about) on their win yesterday at Wembley-now in the Premiership. To any Cardiff fans-sorry! I have to support North West teams and Blackpool is only about 40 mins away from me.........
Yes, we watched the Blackpool/Cardiff match as well. Hubby said it was a very good match.

Blackpool need to sort out their pitch and need a new stand now their in the Premership league.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Don't forget Corrie is on at 7.00pm tonight due to the football ......... there's no 8.30pm episode either
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2010, 01:06 PM

My OH works away a week then is home for a week, so I kind of let him have what he wants on tv on his week off..............he also loves Football & Saturday afternoon with Jeff Sterling on Sky....I must admit I just get as enthusiastic watching especially if it is either my hometown or his!
Yes we are both looking forward to World Cup..........
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sweep ->
My OH works away a week then is home for a week, so I kind of let him have what he wants on tv on his week off..............he also loves Football & Saturday afternoon with Jeff Sterling on Sky....I must admit I just get as enthusiastic watching especially if it is either my hometown or his!
Yes we are both looking forward to World Cup..........
Yes, we watch Jeff Stirling on Sky every Saturday afternoon as well Sweep. We knew him way before he was on "Countdown", he was no stranger to us. I say WE watch it when really it's hubby and I just float around when it's on doing other things.
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else going mad with those ruddy horn things keep blowing continously in the World Cup football matches? They're enough to drive anyone insane!!! Naturally hubby is watching as many matches as he can, the noise doesn't seem to bother him, but it's driving me crazy and the World Cup's only just started!!!! How much more can I take The noise never stops, it sounds like thousands of Queen Bees buzzing around the stadiums!

My husband informs me they are called a Vuvuzela.

Are they annoying anyone else?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2010, 03:16 PM

I enjoy watching the football but must admit I've never heard anything like this before and I hate it! Angry bees is a good description but even real ones couldn't keep that row up for 90 minutes

I hope it doesn't distract the England and US teams tonight
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2010, 10:37 PM

Same here-it really gets on my wazz! Turned the sound off, but its just not the same, so am going to have to get used to it.......unfortunately!!
Alicat
West Berkshire

13-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Apparently it's what the Africians do, it's supposed to be the sound of elephants! I've had to listen to two matches so far today, another one on this evening!! Roll on the 11th July.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top