Join for free
Page 353 of 1676 « First < 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 853 1353 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

oh you are naughty but i do like you!! -[thumps left shoulder strongly!]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 04:45 PM

What was that bible story about the needle passing through the eye of the Camel RJ and the one about the fishes eating all the loaves, I used to know them all when I was young.
I remember a film with John Wayne in it, forget the name of it, set in Africa and he actually rode an unbricked Camel, very dangerous as you well know Gummy, anyway he says to his partner “Would you be kind enough to get yer ass offa that Camel and get the goats rounded up” cowboys rounding up goats, just don’t seem right does it.
I believe they have the odd Camel in Australia, odd that, how did they get there from Africa? was it the assisted passage scheme, ten pound Camels.
Did I ever tell you I was on me way there in 1969, all the formalities finished and only the traveling times to be arranged, they were actually looking for goldsmiths back then, great money to be had. Then Phyllis’s father passed away suddenly and she refused to leave her mother on her own, so that was the end of that. I went along with her decision, I think women always know best where young children are concerned, our two were only babies really, so I wouldn’t argue with that.
Strange how sudden happenings can change you and your families entire future, if we had went I would be a fully fledged Australian by now, I’d have millions of them bank of toyland dollars they use for money over there and be talking with a twang like you, but would I be as happy as I am now, that is the question.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Talking about female characteristics in men, It is said that every man has a female side, I have checked meself out many times (not out of the asylum, before that Spitty fella spots that and sticks his shovel and grinder in) and I still can’t find anything female about me, barring the fact that I have very soft skin, a hairless chest, an unwrinkled arse, and a kind nature, I am definitely not the romantic candles and roses type,, you come out with me for a pint and you take your chances, who knows she might get lucky and I might throw in a cheese sandwich with mustard, see. I’m generous too.

A house divided? I’m not sure Sweetie but I think the origin of that may have something to do with politics, as in the house of commons on decisions of serious national importance, maybe like the present leaving the EC thing, I’m not political in any sense but they sure look divided to me.
Then of course you have can have a family house and contents being left to the children, they all want their equal divvy, but no matter how fairly it’s done you will always get one of them to start a row over it, happens all the time “I only wanted Mummy’s diamond necklace and her solitaire ring, but Rita got it instead” etc..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 08:06 PM

You lot do make me laugh.
Fruity is perfec for this thread.
I will go away and think of some nonsense, then come back and post it.

Jem I think you were spot on, over the proverb
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 08:58 PM

I disagree Sweetie. This is the origin of the expression, a house divided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TL4srZ5m8
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 09:01 PM

well ya all missed out the old proverb that "it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a bad man pass through into heaven" or words to that effect

yes I know one or two Afghan men who come from a long lineage of Afghan camel drivers who used to lay the wooden planks to lay down the railway tracks like the old ghan!

you must have heard the old story of the ancient way of neutering a camel with two brick either side of their balls that were clapped quickly and surely - the question was "does it hurt" all together now??
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well ya all missed out the old proverb that "it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a bad man pass through into heaven" or words to that effect

yes I know one or two Afghan men who come from a long lineage of Afghan camel drivers who used to lay the wooden planks to lay down the railway tracks like the old ghan!

you must have heard the old story of the ancient way of neutering a camel with two brick either side of their balls that were clapped quickly and surely - the question was "does it hurt" all together now??
Only if you trap your thumbs between the bricks.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 09:44 PM

I have nothing to add to the mayhem today
So I'll skip and hop along on homewards way
I used to write sensible stuff
But Gummy said "Bob that's quite enough"

Jem is our uncrowned leader.
Full of kindness , wit & charm
He is our ideas feeder
conflicts he disarms

Spitty has a polished intellect
WE never know what he'll utter next
He comes from a place called Warwick
Spends his evenings drinking Gin And Tonic**

Pug lives in a world of his own
has a tag, emblazoned POLYMATH
Brainy , very, he knows & groans
Is focussed,and heads them off at the pass.

I don't think I'll do anymore until next week
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Ah, bless you all, this is a lovely thread.
I really liked Fruity's Vid.
Old proverbs really are fun.
But I am not about to change the direction of this thread.
Hold on, does it have a direction - I need a map.
I just wanted to add that I often call Fruity Josephine, I will let you all mull over that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:36 PM

Not tonight, I suppose.

Page 353 of 1676 « First < 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 853 1353 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top