Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:26 AM

Re: Staying or Going?

If money were no object, I'd 'up sticks' and relocate to the Seychelles - somewhere nice and warm where my Arthritis and COPD would not be a hindrance.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If money were no object, I'd 'up sticks' and relocate to the Seychelles - somewhere nice and warm where my Arthritis and COPD would not be a hindrance.
Uncle Joe, didn't realize you have COPD and arthritis too! A b****, isn't it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Uncle Joe, didn't realize you have COPD and arthritis too! A b****, isn't it?
DM darlin' - that's not all had my lungs badly scarred by Liquid Petroleum Gas as a teenager which brought an abrupt halt to my career in the Merchant Navy and have subsequently had FIVE pulmonary Emboli that have also seriously scarred and damaged my lungs. In fact one lung doesn't function at all and I am constantly breathless.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 08:45 PM

How awful! That must really restrict your mobility; are you on oxygen? I'm on Spiriva inhaler and it has helped to the point I don't need the O2 any more, thank God. And the osteoarthritis is controlled with glucosamine so I can't really complain. Is yours osteo or rheumatoid?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-07-2011, 07:39 AM

DM darlin' - Yeah - Osteo Arthritis, pain being kept to a tolerable level with DF118 tablets (Dihydrocodeine + Paracetamol) and an occasional swig at a nip of Oramorph (liquid morphine). If I have a bad attack of Asthma, sometimes have to whistle up Paramedics who arrive with Oxygen cylinder and Nebulizer - don't have to have Oxygen on a permanent basis, so far my 'puffers' (Ventolin and Beclametazone) are keeping my Asthma at tolerable levels. No point in treating me with Glucosamine, with all the metal I have inside me, far better to spray me with WD40.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:17 AM

DM darlin' - Yeah - Osteo Arthritis, pain being kept to a tolerable level with DF118 tablets (Dihydrocodeine + Paracetamol) and an occasional swig at a nip of Oramorph (liquid morphine). If I have a bad attack of Asthma, sometimes have to whistle up Paramedics who arrive with Oxygen cylinder and Nebulizer - don't have to have Oxygen on a permanent basis, so far my 'puffers' (Ventolin and Beclametazone) are keeping my Asthma at tolerable levels. No point in treating me with Glucosamine, with all the metal I have inside me, far better to spray me with WD40.
Uncle Joe at least you can still laugh at your troubles and make us all smile
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-07-2011, 03:45 PM

I do so admire your spirit, Uncle Joe!

My osteo is confined to my thumb joints, I suspect from a lifetime of typing? Knock wood, haven't had a flare- up in ages.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 10:04 AM

UJ, my late husband had Rheumatoid which attacked his lungs. He was a smoker until the last year of his life - when he had oxygen to hand instead! I will never forget DF118 tablets, I had a mild headache, had run out of Paracetamol & foolishly thought I'd just take a 118 instead - boy did I feel ill!! I was a lot younger then but it taught me never to take someone else's med's.

I have OA in my hips & knees, I was on Glucosamine but my doc' stopped prescribing it after it was discredited after tests. On other pain killers now.

Take care all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-07-2011, 10:25 AM

NG darlin' get your joints replaced, I can recommend an excellent surgeon and a magnificent (NHS) hospital for you down this neck of the woods.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 12:39 PM

NG darlin' get your joints replaced, I can recommend an excellent surgeon and a magnificent (NHS) hospital for you down this neck of the woods.
Thanks hun but I'm trying to put off the evil day for as long as possible. I take Amitriptyline at night + Paracetamol. I also have a memory foam mattress so I get a good nights sleep. Thank goodness for the NHS huh? I don't know what me & mine would have done without it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top