Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:06 PM

meter box.

The door has been ripped off our electric meter box.
Does anybody know if we're responsible for the repair or will e-on do it for us?

I have put this question to e-on on their face-book page but not received an answer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: meter box.

found this for you with that company

11.2 Your responsibilities
You’re responsible for all the energy you or anyone else uses at the property,
and for paying bills in line with this contract.
You must take care of the meters at the property, including making sure they’re
protected from the weather. You’re responsible for making sure there’s a meter
box or cover for the meter, or replacing them

Link

https://www.eonenergy.com/-/media/pd...erms.pdf?la=en

If that is any help
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Well that's certainly changed. The meter, any time-clocks and incorporated switches are the property of the energy supplier so it's up to them to maintain them. At my recent meter change, they also replaced my dated main cut-out (fuse) and replaced the meter cabinet door too.

I'd be tempted to verify whether the energy supply company is responsible for the repair of their cabinet, after all, they installed it in the first place or got the house builder to fit it for them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:23 PM

None the wiser now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:27 PM

It happened to someone I know and they were told they had to replace the box at their own cost. I can't remember the cost involved but I seem to remember they bought a replacement door online rather than paying the extortion the supplier wanted.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

23-01-2018, 08:45 PM

I've had my answer from e-on. See below.

Hi Carol, thanks for getting in touch.

The meter cupboard is generally the responsibility of the homeowner. You can pick up replacement parts at most larger hardware stores and anyone can carry out the works as long as the meter itself isn't disturbed.

Some local distribution companies will carry out the work at a fee. If you wanted to explore this option please send me over your address and I'll let you know who to get in touch with.

Thanks,
Matt
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:38 PM

That is what I posted, nice to be right for a change
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

31-01-2018, 10:33 AM

I replied to the message from e-on and they gave me the phone no of who to get in touch with. It turned out to be Western Power who had bought e-on out.

The man from Western Power came this morning and said he could fit the door hinges back on - no charge.

Apparently it was only if I'd needed a new meter box that I'd have to pay for it.

I'm well pleased - it's good as new now and cost me nothing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I replied to the message from e-on and they gave me the phone no of who to get in touch with. It turned out to be Western Power who had bought e-on out.

The man from Western Power came this morning and said he could fit the door hinges back on - no charge.

Apparently it was only if I'd needed a new meter box that I'd have to pay for it.

That's the sort of result we all like Carol.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Celebrate with a sticky cake and a cup of tea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top