Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:30 PM

Re: Do you like almond milk?

Love almond milk but generally use it as part of my long term food storage "prepping" system. Almond milk cartons can have a very long shelf life which makes them great for a "just in case" scenario.

I use it in place of milk in bowls of cereal. Tastes great.

If the SHTF I'll be buying cases of those cartons very quickly because life without milk would be pretty miserable I think. A bowl of cereal or porridge or muesli can be wholesome, stomach filling and sustaining and since cereals can also have a long shelf life they make a perfect combo for long term food storage.

BTW I have noticed that supermarkets sell the ALPRO Almond milk cartons in 2 different places. One lot are in the fridge and have a much shorter use by date. The others are not refridgerated and have very long use by dates. Yet when you read the ingredients they are the same so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 08:32 AM

Re: Do you like almond milk?

Probably a ploy to get people who don't know its not just in the fridge to buy more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top