Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Re: Batts V Heinz

I swapped to batts but not their Mustard, Colmans is in a league of it own. I particularly like the tomato ketchup

The Kania real mayo is lovely as well
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
This sounds awful but I am a bit of a food snob.
I always use Sainsburys and always buy the well known makes like Heinz. I shouldnt really as I should be living within my budget.
I have tried Cross and Blackwell baked beans and thought they were awful. They seemed to have a tough skin.
In town here we have Sainsburys, Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl, Co-op and Tesco.

At one point in my life I was buying own make value label stuff from Morrisons but its not nice and I could taste the difference.

My daughter who really hates wasting money on food always shops at Aldi.
Same here MC. I shop at Sainsburys as I do online shopping and buy a delivery pass for the year. I only buy the well know brands too. My mother used to buy the cheapest brands and would never treat herself to anything decent like a piece of steak occasionally. I couldn't be like that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:33 PM

I don't use Heinz for anything. I have boycott them as a brand. Reason is they like so many other large corporations, are simply engaged in addicting people to sugar.

These are the products that were the final straw for me.

The Heinz baby range

http://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/en/produc...olate-biscotti

http://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/en/produc...apple-biscotti

Little biscotti biscuits for your baby. A full teaspoonful of sugar in every little biscotti. Absolutely dreadful and a wicked wicked thing to do to an innocent little life.

Heinz were taken to task over these unhealthy addicting products by the media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ent-SUGAR.html
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:33 PM

I think you can only criticize the cheaper stuff, if you have tried it and didn't enjoy it.
Many of the cheaper ones are good and it is just a case of personal taste....... so snob value could be making you waste a lot of money by just showing off!

I have always hated tomato ketchup.... till I tried Batts.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 06:09 PM

I prefer to make my own sauces, soups and chutneys.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Just can't understand the mentality of people who eat ketchup TBH. It's a habit from childhood when dumb parents unwittingly helped addict their children to sugar.

Every small helping of tomatop ketchup is one teaspoonful of sugar.

You might as well just reach for the packed of refined sugar and sprinkle sugar all over your dinner just as you might with a bowl of cornflakes. It's frankly ridiculous.

The fact that the sugar is encased or hiding in a red tomato paste is what allows people to effectively hide this childish addiction.

Imagine your dining guest put a spoonful of crack cocaine into some sauce and then dumped it on the plate of food you'd coooked for him. Would you believe him if he said:

"No, no, I'm not a coke junky, it's just tomato sauce, I just love the taste honestly!"

Just ridiculous.

If there are people out there wanting to lose weight, hating the size and shape they are and constantly struggling with diets, may I suggest they open their kitchen cupboards and throw out any bags of sugar they have and all bottles of tomato ketchup and/or brown sauce. Also throw out packets of cereals which are not 100% wheat as they all contain stupid amounts of sugar.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just can't understand the mentality of people who eat ketchup TBH. It's a habit from childhood when dumb parents unwittingly helped addict their children to sugar.

Every small helping of tomatop ketchup is one teaspoonful of sugar.

You might as well just reach for the packed of refined sugar and sprinkle sugar all over your dinner just as you might with a bowl of cornflakes. It's frankly ridiculous.

The fact that the sugar is encased or hiding in a red tomato paste is what allows people to effectively hide this childish addiction.

Imagine your dining guest put a spoonful of crack cocaine into some sauce and then dumped it on the plate of food you'd coooked for him. Would you believe him if he said:

"No, no, I'm not a coke junky, it's just tomato sauce, I just love the taste honestly!"

Just ridiculous.

If there are people out there wanting to lose weight, hating the size and shape they are and constantly struggling with diets, may I suggest they open their kitchen cupboards and throw out any bags of sugar they have and all bottles of tomato ketchup and/or brown sauce. Also throw out packets of cereals which are not 100% wheat as they all contain stupid amounts of sugar.
Once again you think you know it all, without considering others circumstances!
As I am diabetic, along with a few others on this forum, it would be difficult to throw out all the sugar in my cupboards because I never use it! Of course this doesn't mean that I look like Twiggy, because all food contains calories so can make you put on weight.
The only reason that the government are focusing on sugar, is because, apart from calories, sugar offers no other form of nutrition.
I don't often eat sweet food, but if I emptied all my cupboards of anything sweet, there is a chance that I may never post again...... because sugar, or glucose is essential to bring a diabetic out of a hypo. If they live alone and don't have any form of sugar, they could be dead withing 6 hours!
Why don't you just follow your own rules and allow others to make their own decisions on what is best for them?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2018, 09:18 AM

And how did you become diabetic in the first place Twink?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

31-05-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
And how did you become diabetic in the first place Twink?
If you bothered to read my posts, I told you yesterday! I am type 1 diabetic and it was caused by a severe trauma....I had never been heavier than 8 stone prior to this trauma!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:49 AM

I have just eaten a cheese sandwich, with Batts pickle,absolutely delicious! ..i just wish i had found their sauces sooner.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top