Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:19 PM

Re: A Message For Leia re My Marty, Who l Had To Have Put To Sleep Last Week...

Oh Art I am so sorry to hear you lost Marty
It is so painful losing a much-loved pet....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, Was that your cat that was called Poppy? I remember at the time how upset you were.
We love our animals so much but we are only allowed to own them for a amount of limited time. It’s not fair really...
It was indeed. How nice of you to remember. I hope you're soon over your loss, though I know it takes some time.

My advice: get another dog. It helps.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
So sorry to hear this Art. 16 though....that's a really good innings.

RIP little Marty
Thank You, Nicol.

I suppose in human life he would have been nearly 112! I was lucky to have had him that long.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:39 PM

awwww Art, I'm so sorry, you must be heartbroken your furbaby has crossed the rainbow bridge, its so upsetting when we lose a part of our family, my heart goes out to you right now xxx
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh Art I am so sorry to hear you lost Marty
It is so painful losing a much-loved pet....
Thank You, Meg.
I was getting stronger...... until l read all the kind words on this thread!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It was indeed. How nice of you to remember. I hope you're soon over your loss, though I know it takes some time.

My advice: get another dog. It helps.
JBR. I don’t think, l could go through it all again.
If l could get clones of Marty and Cassie my Labrador. Yes, l would!

My son is begging me to go to Australia to visit him, as l haven’t had a proper holiday for about 10 years as l would never leave my dogs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
awwww Art, I'm so sorry, you must be heartbroken your furbaby has crossed the rainbow bridge, its so upsetting when we lose a part of our family, my heart goes out to you right now xxx
Thank You for your kind words, LQ.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:53 PM

Art, Im so sorry to read this

I hope you don't think this too twee, I found it a great comfort when I lost my darling Gunnar

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Artangel
Only just seen this, Sue and I know exactly how you feel having owned many dogs over the past 45 year, often 4/5 at a time.

People say "oh it is only an animal", wrong! they are part of the family and leave a huge gap in the home when the time comes.

No words can express how you are feeling it is a very personal thing.

I see it has been suggested getting another dog, if you do it will have its own funny little ways you will get to love just as much.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:03 PM

So very sorry about you losing your lovely dog such a short time ago,It hurts so much I know,but slowly the pain does ease a bit and maybe you will be able to offer love to another little animal. I said no more after ours was put to sleep,but then we saw Bob, such a poor ,terrified, underweight, depressed dog with terrible scars from ill treatment,and I could not refuse him a home, now he is the love of myself & my son.Take comfort from the love & care you gave him

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top