Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Re: A Message For Leia re My Marty, Who l Had To Have Put To Sleep Last Week...

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You would think so wouldn't you?
But thanks to over enthusiastic gate keepers so many dogs are not rehomed .
That's why the rescue places are all full up.
True.

When our cat died last year, we looked for another at a cat rescue place but were told that their rules preclude their cats being rehomed with anyone who lives within 100 yards of a main road, so we didn't qualify despite our cat having lived with us for 21 years in complete safety.

We then got a pair of kittens, sisters, from another place whose rules were a little less draconian.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You would think so wouldn't you?
But thanks to over enthusiastic gate keepers so many dogs are not rehomed .
That's why the rescue places are all full up.
I had this problem, I wanted a rescue dog last time but because I worked 3 shifts a week that were 6 hours long I was refused. I ended up getting a puppy, there was no other choice.

Round here there seem to be several foreign rescue organisations and they don't seem quite so rigid and are willing to at least let you try to rehome. Several newish dog walkers I've met this summer have European rescue dogs after being refused at the British ones.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 08:59 PM

Know what you, mean,we liked several dogs before we got Bobby,but couldnt have,one was a 'jumper' our fence wasnt high enough,one we were due to have ,afte it had its test with cats [ we had one ] and failed,another we were jusrt 'pipped at the post by someone,but then the home manager suggested we may like Bobby,and we did

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top