Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 08:53 AM

Re: A very senior moment in Tesco

I had a very senior moment this morning.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:11 AM

Too funny,John,....last year,i remember receiving my debit card in the post,for some reason,i forgot about it,...anyway,....i was doing my weekly shop,....in those days.it was in tesco,..trolley full to the brim,..everything scanned at checkout,came to pay with card......it had expired, ...the card that is,lol,....they took the shopping down to the cool room,....red faced,....went home,..,,,,,picked up my new card,.....,which i had forgotten about,....it was still in its envelope. ..lol......back to customer services,....picked up shopping,.......it happens to a lot of us at times,John,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:44 AM

A few years ago I needed to withdraw some money from Sainsburys ATM machine and couldn’t understand why it kept spitting out my card. The queue behind me was getting longer and I was getting more flustered ..... then suddenly I realised I was using my Nectar card
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I must admit to trying purchase things at the supermarket with my library card and check out books from the library with my Leagues Club Card. But it is only a temporary affliction.

I have done that. My library card and bank card are the same colour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I had a very senior moment this morning.
Did you forget the rest of the sentence?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:05 AM

Anyone notice how these senior moments are becoming more regular and what seemed like a senior moment when we were younger now seems common place, like going for something upstairs and then forgetting what it was ...just an everyday occurrence
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:27 AM

I very often sit down in the pub and then realise that I have left my beer on the bar, don't forget my change though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I very often sit down in the pub and then realise that I have left my beer on the bar, don't forget my change though!
I once bought the barman a drink in Scotland after he kindly let us into a new year's party for free. A while later, I realised I had taken it with me and drunk it.

I did go back and buy him another.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:37 AM

I don't have senior moments..I have senior hours.

Should I be worried .
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Well I'm relieved it's not just me! However, I don't think I'll top what happened about 6 months ago. I live in a 2nd floor flat in a block of six. Went to open the door to the flat, and the key would not fit. Banged on the door, shouted to my wife to open the door, no reply, Right I thought, she's gone out to the shops, I'll go and get her.Went out of the block, then decided to go back in. To my horror, I found out I'd be trying to get into the flat below!! Fortunately the nice young couple who live there, had gone to work. God knows what they would have said if they were in! Obviously one never mentioned the sad sorry story to them, although I did confess to her indoors!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top