Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Overwhelming waves of grief.

I lost my mum and my beautiful sister who was also my best friend within 3 weeks of each other both suddenly 3 and half years ago.

I was devastated at both mum and sister passing. I can accept my mums passing as she was 81 but my sister was only 61 and even after all this time I still keep becoming overwhelmed with grief. Of course I miss my mum tremendously too, my mum was a beautiful, kind and gentle soul who would never hurt a fly, she never spoke ill of anyone and I was blessed to have her for a mum.

I was driving home from the gym tonight and my sister came into my mind and the waves of grief overwhelmed me again. I keep hoping it will get easier but it doesn't. I miss her so much, we shared so much and she was a rock to me in bad times. She was so funny and comical and everyone who knew her thought the world of her.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this and I won't go on but I guess sometimes it helps just to get things off your mind, thank you for listening.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: Overwhelming waves of grief.

Oh, honey, I feel the same, I lost my baby brother at the tender age of 38yrs, the whole reason I live where I do was to be near him in his final years. I lost my Mum then my Dad three months apart.
This year I have lost my BIL, then recently my MIL. Life is a challenge at times, but I do believe that God will not give us more than we can bear.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you my lovely. A big virtual hug from me. x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:15 PM

Awww. I am sorry for your loss Lion Queen.
Missing them is a tribute to how important they were to you. Don’t ever apologize by being vulnerable. It’s what makes us human.

The only person that I’ve known who’ died from our family was my brother and that was back in 1979 and I still sometimes cry when I think of him.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:38 PM

I am terribly sorry, LQ. Grieving is a very healthy process of purging those powerful feelings, so you give it all you've got. As we all grieve differently, there is never reason to apologize or judge. Every loss is unique to the relationship of the people involved.

Hugs your way.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:41 PM

My heart goes out to you Lion

Blue x
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:56 PM

It's healthy and natural to feel this way LQ and you are all heart so not surprising you feel so strongly. Great to share too because we have all experienced loss and it's an emotion that unites us. To remember and feel for those who have passed is to honour their lives.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I lost my mum and my beautiful sister who was also my best friend within 3 weeks of each other both suddenly 3 and half years ago.

I was devastated at both mum and sister passing. I can accept my mums passing as she was 81 but my sister was only 61 and even after all this time I still keep becoming overwhelmed with grief. Of course I miss my mum tremendously too, my mum was a beautiful, kind and gentle soul who would never hurt a fly, she never spoke ill of anyone and I was blessed to have her for a mum.

I was driving home from the gym tonight and my sister came into my mind and the waves of grief overwhelmed me again. I keep hoping it will get easier but it doesn't. I miss her so much, we shared so much and she was a rock to me in bad times. She was so funny and comical and everyone who knew her thought the world of her.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this and I won't go on but I guess sometimes it helps just to get things off your mind, thank you for listening.
You can 'go on' as much as you want LQ if it helps. That is why we are here, to listen. I suppose it will get better at the moment that isn't much comfort. You say she was funny, so try to remember the funny things about her.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:13 AM

It can take years to come to terns with losing a family member or a good dear friend.
Think of the good times you had and that will make your sadness lift a little easier, Lion Queen.
Take care
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 06:19 AM

Lion Queen, I suspect that your sister never had the chance to talk to you about when she was no longer here to share things, but if your bond was so strong I am sure she would have said........

" You know me so well that, when you need me, I will always be in your mind so you will know what I would advise.
The love we shared will always remain, even if I can't give you a hug, but I will be content in knowing that you are managing without me and getting help and happiness from others."

Overwhelming grief is not what she would want from you, because she would want you to be happy & so would your mum....... but they may both enjoy you remembering some of those special moments that you shared together.

When I think of my dad, I always remember him taking me into a shop one Christmas eve, when I was 3, and letting me choose which baby doll I would like. I still have that doll & it makes he happy !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:51 AM

Well my Mum died just 1 year ago and my MIL on Saturday just gone and it hasn't sunk in yet that they have gone, to me they are still here with me, I even have on my Calendar when i'm visiting them next.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top