Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Re: Overwhelming waves of grief.

I don't know how I would feel if any of my children or grandchildren died, before me. I hope I never have to find out.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 05:50 PM

Dad died in 2005, and Mum in 2012. Strangely, my feelings of depression hit me when walking around a supermarket. Most times, and never anywhere else. I just suddenly feel tearful.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Dad died in 2005, and Mum in 2012. Strangely, my feelings of depression hit me when walking around a supermarket. Most times, and never anywhere else. I just suddenly feel tearful.
I'm sorry Jazzi.

I was walking about a local park to me 3 weeks ago with my friends when an old lady in a wheelchair was being pushed round the lake, they were approaching us and I just took one look at that lady in the wheelchair and felt an overwhelming sense of grief and I burst out crying, just like that! The reason? Because that park is where I used to push my Mum in her wheelchair, she loved it and it just brought it all back. It hit me like a ton of bricks, I just didn't expect it.

Funny thing was my best friend had noticed the lady in the wheelchair too and knew it would get to me, she closed in to me to hug me. Best friend intuition. I needed that hug that day.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:51 PM

LQ I think you may need bereavement counselling I think MIND run them, I would not be surprised if your anxiety attacks are connected. Go to the doc and see if he can refer you alternatively ring MIND in Horsforth if they don't run them I'm sure they will direct you to where they do. Good Luck
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
LQ I think you may need bereavement counselling I think MIND run them, I would not be surprised if your anxiety attacks are connected. Go to the doc and see if he can refer you alternatively ring MIND in Horsforth if they don't run them I'm sure they will direct you to where they do. Good Luck
I have thought about perhaps I need counselling but I'm plodding on as I do seem to be coping better as time is going by.

For the two and a half years since they had died I completely lost myself. I began comfort eating and didn't realise what i was doing to myself until one day a year ago I looked in the mirror and didn't recognise the woman staring back at me, I had gained a tremendous amount of weight.

That day is when I realised I had to get on with my life the way my sister and mum would want me to. I vowed I would do something about it. I put my mind to it realising how my sister and mum wouldn't want me torturing myself and happily today 13 months later I have lost a huge amount of weight and got my life back due to healthy eating and exercise.

I'll be fine Summer, thank you so much for your concern, it is appreciated (hugs) xxx
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:36 PM

Oh my poor friend,how sad for you,of course you will still miss your family ,we are here to offer you some comfort any time you feel down just post any time and someone will be here
I lost my sister 13 years ago ,she was nearly 17 years older than me,she was there when our Mother died and there when my elder son died suddenly 15 years ago.She used to take my sons out and buy them presents when they were small. I did not always appreciate her but miss her terribly now, so I know how you feel
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:59 AM

So sorry you are having these feelings, Lion Queen.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:32 AM

Grief is hard. Personally I have found you learn to live with it and try to remember all the good times.
Oh gosh that sounds a bit stark but keep talking to friends. They will understand.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:38 AM

The funeral is taking place as I type this, of a relative by marriage, the guy was in his 80s. His demise has given me satisfaction rather than grief, due to an incident which took place when I was a teenager.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:40 AM

That is terrible - I'm never happy when someone dies even if I don't particularly care for that person.

What did he do, Tara? Try and feel you up?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top