Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: Food for coming out of hospital

Hi

I have the same problem

I have a freezer though.

I have a carton of Longlife Milk in the cupboard at all times, a few slices of bread in the freezer along with homemade ready meals, just stck them in the microwave.

I have Pasta , rice, spices and passata in the cupboards, along with dried herbs.

I have at least a weeks supply when I come out.

Living in a small village miles away from the Hospital, it is not unusual for a 5 hour wait for transport home.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:03 PM

And here I went and made all this chicken soup for ya Ffosse.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
And here I went and made all this chicken soup for ya Ffosse.
Well darn it all Blue. I’ll happily have some. Chicken broth with veggies is one of the best healing foods.
Did you debone the chicken first ?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:28 PM

I also make Jewish Chicken Penicilin, in other words Chicken Broth.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:32 PM

I read that your hospital procedure has been cancelled but I would like to just say that I found the hospital food very bland to be honest. I think that you need something to stimulate your taste buds and to celebrate when your back home. Also depending on how you feel when you come out and whether you will feel like spending time in the kitchen cooking or just want things that are quick and easy. Have to agree with Realist. That Almond milk is lovely on shredded wheat and you dont need to add sugar.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:42 PM

I always find eggs and tins of soup good standby for coming out of hospital,after having meals prepared for you in hospital I dont seem to want anything to eat once Im home
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:35 PM

if I lived nearby I'd have looked after you and brought you some of my famous homemade soups. Sorry to hear the procedure cancelled. Hope you are ok
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:27 PM

I'm OK just frustrated at the delay. Have eaten mostly cereal today although I did have a TV dinner.

Could have done with some of the chicken soup.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top