Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 02:57 AM

Re: Why Are Some Women/Men So Bitter And Just Won’t Let Go?

IMO it is not a question of won't let go, but rather a question of can't let go.

Why can't ? Perhaps because they/we don't know how.

Sometimes a person tries and tries to "move-on". But no amount of trying works.

Oh, yes, surely dating and intimacy can happen, but still there remains an unbreakable bond with the previous lover.

They say that 'time heals all wounds'. I don't agree with that fairy tale. Some wounds never heal.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Couples where notoriety and cash are involved get emotional, couples where neither are involved, get on with it.

[B]I totally disagree. Everyday people can have the same problems letting go.[/B]
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:44 AM

Any man or woman who can lie and cheat on their partner is not worth grieving over - especially not in public.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:16 AM

Most people throughout their lifetime experience heartbreak that has usually involved another person but that doesn’t give anyone a licence to abuse others. Nobody has that right.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
[B]I totally disagree. Everyday people can have the same problems letting go.[/B]

So do I.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:48 AM

I may be wrong here, but didn’t she support him through his years of torment, and was then dumped once he’d recovered? How can she not feel hurt, then? Everyone seems to be on his side, oh well done Ant, look how you’ve got through this, and come out the other side. Pah! I’ve gone off the man.
bakerman
Mexico

24-06-2018, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Any man or woman who can lie and cheat on their partner is not worth grieving over - especially not in public.
You are correct about not grieving over a liar/cheat, but many people do, in fact, grieve over people who "done 'em wrong."

The world is full of such people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:07 AM

I agree .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Could this also be levelled at a great many of the British public when Diana Spencer died? The amount of bile and hate spewed out against Camilla Parker Bowles continues to this day.
That is very true Judd!

Everybody deals with broken relationships in their own way, and as nobody knows what happened with this couple, I think we are being equally judgmental with this couple.

I am no great friend of sensational journalism, so feel that journalist should just report real news, rather than poke their noses into other's personal matters!
bakerman
Mexico

24-06-2018, 08:21 AM

It seems to me that endless grieving, and abuse of the lost one are two separate issues. But I do understand how the abuse can happen. The aggrieved one can be driven to the point of insanity and then kill their lost lover.

No so long ago, a woman in the U.S. suspected her husband was cheating on her. She followed him to a restaurant and waited for him in the parking lot. When he came out, hand-in-hand with another women, the wife ran him down with her car. She then backed up and ran him over several more times.

The husbands name was Les. Headlines read "NO Les, no more".

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top