Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:11 AM

Re: Why Are Some Women/Men So Bitter And Just Won’t Let Go?

Rather than let go. some possessive immature people will kill their spouse /partner and get a few years in jail, leading a very good although restricted life, often showing no contrition.

The punishment does not fit the crime.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:15 AM

I think these days, more so than ever, when a relationship ends, some people can’t cope with the rejection.

They seem, to enter into some sort of mental state and become obsessed with the person who they feel has rejected them.

I also think, this obsession can sometimes lead to them stalking the one who has ended the relationship.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 09:36 PM

I think there's room for a little compassion on this subject.

When my marriage came to an end, I was extremely hurt (physically hurt too!), and extremely angry with my ex husband for the deceitful way he behaved and for not having the decency to say he wanted a divorce. I was also angry with myself for staying with him for so very long and not having the courage to put myself first and leave him many years ago..........there were reasons for that but it didn't stop me feeling angry! When the end finally came, it was me who went to a solicitor and started the ball rolling and my anger was very difficult to contain...........so I thoroughly empathise with anyone in the same position.

To those who believe it is all about personal rejection, possessiveness or obsession.............isn't it a reflection of your own low standards that you can't or won't understand?

I think decency, honesty and respect should be admired and appreciated together with a high moral standards..............there are obviously many who don't have those personal traits - but that doesn't give them the right to criticise those who do...............or is it just plain ignorance?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 09:41 PM

it may be about the dedication of time, and get out clauses.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It seems to me that endless grieving, and abuse of the lost one are two separate issues. But I do understand how the abuse can happen. The aggrieved one can be driven to the point of insanity and then kill their lost lover.

No so long ago, a woman in the U.S. suspected her husband was cheating on her. She followed him to a restaurant and waited for him in the parking lot. When he came out, hand-in-hand with another women, the wife ran him down with her car. She then backed up and ran him over several more times.

The husbands name was Les. Headlines read "NO Les, no more".
Originally Posted by Azure ->
Rather than let go. some possessive immature people will kill their spouse /partner and get a few years in jail, leading a very good although restricted life, often showing no contrition.

The punishment does not fit the crime.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think these days, more so than ever, when a relationship ends, some people can’t cope with the rejection.

They seem, to enter into some sort of mental state and become obsessed with the person who they feel has rejected them.

I also think, this obsession can sometimes lead to them stalking the one who has ended the relationship.
Great examples of where the loss of a relationship can get completely out of hand and become dangerous.

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I think there's room for a little compassion on this subject.

When my marriage came to an end, I was extremely hurt (physically hurt too!), and extremely angry with my ex husband for the deceitful way he behaved and for not having the decency to say he wanted a divorce. I was also angry with myself for staying with him for so very long and not having the courage to put myself first and leave him many years ago..........there were reasons for that but it didn't stop me feeling angry! When the end finally came, it was me who went to a solicitor and started the ball rolling and my anger was very difficult to contain...........so I thoroughly empathise with anyone in the same position.

To those who believe it is all about personal rejection, possessiveness or obsession.............isn't it a reflection of your own low standards that you can't or won't understand?

I think decency, honesty and respect should be admired and appreciated together with a high moral standards..............there are obviously many who don't have those personal traits - but that doesn't give them the right to criticise those who do...............or is it just plain ignorance?
Everyone is allowed to grieve in whatever manner they choose in order to heal their wounded heart and soul but when it becomes a vicious cycle of toxic abuse towards the ex, that’s not healthy for anyone.

I’m not sure how you concluded that anyone who sees this as an unhealthy obsession is just reflecting their own low standards and inability to understand?

NO! Absolutely not. It’s the opposite and the paragraph you added after that comment makes no sense whatsoever.

People who respect and value themselves understand that they don’t need to put up with abuse from anyone regardless of the situation. Plain & simple. There is no ‘but’ here.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Great examples of where the loss of a relationship can get completely out of hand and become dangerous.

Everyone is allowed to grieve in whatever manner they choose in order to heal their wounded heart and soul but when it becomes a vicious cycle of toxic abuse towards the ex, that’s not healthy for anyone.

I’m not sure how you concluded that anyone who sees this as an unhealthy obsession is just reflecting their own low standards and inability to understand?

NO! Absolutely not. It’s the opposite and the paragraph you added after that comment makes no sense whatsoever.

People who respect and value themselves understand that they don’t need to put up with abuse from anyone regardless of the situation. Plain & simple. There is no ‘but’ here.
How can someone profess to have a balanced opinion if they have no experience of the situation? I repeat - I believe there is room for a little compassion on this subject!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
How can someone profess to have a balanced opinion if they have no experience of the situation? I repeat - I believe there is room for a little compassion on this subject!
I think I agree. We don't know what happened or why, so why should anybody have the right to tell her how to behave, when it is her heart that has been broken!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I agree. We don't know what happened or why, so why should anybody have the right to tell her how to behave, when it is her heart that has been broken!
These are my thoughts too.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Some of Us have had Our hearts broken at sometime in Our lives,but I'm sure none of Us has been publicly humiliated like She has..so if She wants to tell the World what a wee shite McParland is...let Her I say..gerrit of Yer chest Lass
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 01:31 PM

It is sad when any relationship ends and we all deal with it in different ways, but in this case I think he will suffer more than most.

He was a top TV presenter who won many awards, but how many of his lady fans will have been through marriage break ups, and will now see him as being at fault ( whether he is or not!)?

He may have damaged his best friends career, along with his own, so I wonder how many people will be desperate to employ them now.

His wife's actions may cost him a lot more than the money he has to pay her, so her revenge may end up being quite sweet for her!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top