Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Re: Hospital Parking Fees

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
No hospital parking fees here in Wales
There used to be fees at our hospital in North Wales and trying to find a parking space has always been a nightmare. Now parking is free but lack of parking space is still an issue and there is a free park and ride scheme operating from a nearby former factory site.

I haven't needed to use that hospital for a couple of years but one time I took my husband there when charges were in force, I'd left home in a rush without taking my handbag with me. I found a parking space but when I came to leave I couldn't open the barrier because I hadn't been able to buy a parking ticket. I had some explaining to do through the intercom. He did let me out eventually
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:00 AM

Where I live, I can catch the bus outside my flats, and it goes into our hospital grounds, and out the other end. Very handy, providing you are well enough for public transport. Mind, it's also not that far should I ever want a taxi there and back. They do charge for parking.

On the rare occasions I've needed a lift, someone has collected me.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:22 AM

Parking fees in the main are paid for by the English, we subsidise the others by way of The Barnet Formula.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Several hospitals in Scotland are free, the others you pay through the nose for..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:12 AM

Some departments in Exeter hospital are free, you have to get a ticket when checking in but I'm not sure about other departments.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:49 AM

I have a procedure, an intravenous infusion, that takes five hours. The parking fee is £12-00 plus a fine if I overstayed that. Which can happen if the staff don't get right on with the business,

Then there is the issue of actually finding a parking space.....there are times when it has taken us an hour and made us late for the appointment.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:44 PM

I don’t think any of the money collected in parking fees go to the hospitals....do they?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t think any of the money collected in parking fees go to the hospitals....do they?
It does go to the trusts who charge, £174 million last year

Unfortunately, they first have to pay the contractors they bring in to run the carparks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Parking fees in the main are paid for by the English, we subsidise the others by way of The Barnet Formula.
Very true.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top