Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:06 PM

Re: What's Holding You Back?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My life has been great but l now feel, l have entered into ‘God’s Waiting Room’!
Geeez! I know I shouldn’t ask but just how old are you?
From your picture I always thought you were a younger old folk but I suppose I was wrong.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Getting off night shifts, then subsequently leaving the company I work for to start afresh is my only mission right now.
It will take two years as I need to do this for financial reasons, but when it happens life will be great. I have many things I will be able to do with my freedom.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
God's Waiting Room?????

Good grief woman, pull yourself together and get out of there pdq before you turn into a
Miserable Old Codger!
ruthio, My comment was tongue in cheek and maybe, l should have added a smiley thing to indicate l was half joking!

I will never be a ‘Miserable Old Codger’! I wouldn’t know how to be miserable! l’ve always been an ‘upbeat’ type of person!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:24 PM

My husband still does 12 hour shift work including working nights and I know , without a doubt , that this ^^^^^ would be his main goal. He’s been with the same company doing shift work since 1994 and can’t wait to retire from working nights especially. It’s really getting difficult for him. Luckily he’s 5 years younger than I am but it’s still tough on the body.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Circumstances have held me back and I had to get used to it.

There's lots I would have done if things had been different, such as travel more but it wasn't to be and I'm not bothered by it these days. I like my home. It's located in an area I've spent my life in and I'm happy to carry on living here.

All in all, there's nothing holding me back because I don't want to do anything anyway.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Geeez! I know I shouldn’t ask but just how old are you?
From your picture I always thought you were a younger old folk but I suppose I was wrong.

Bratti, My current photo was taken approx 18 months ago and l like to think l haven’t changed much since then.

Swimmy on here has met me at various forum meet ups and he vouch for me!!

It was my birthday last Monday and l was the dreaded ...70. I hate it but what can l do?

I come from the same era as Twiggy and Lulu and look at them, they are almost 70!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

24-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Bratti, My current photo was taken approx 18 months ago and l like to think l haven’t changed much since then.

Swimmy on here has met me at various forum meet ups and he vouch for me!!

It was my birthday last Monday and l was the dreaded ...70. I hate it but what can l do?

I come from the same era as Twiggy and Lulu and look at them, they are almost 70!
I’m just playfully teasing you Art
I hadn’t realized you were merely joking either so your answer was a bit surprising to me also

And happy belated birthday btw
You look GREAT for any age
But look fabulous for being 70

Clearly it WAS the lack of smiley faces
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:36 PM

The only thing holding me back from doing more with my life is work. I want to go more places , spend more time with my loved ones and friends. Life has been mostly good to me and for that I am grateful.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:38 PM

My life has been great but l now feel, l have entered into ‘God’s Waiting Room’!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m just playfully teasing you Art
I hadn’t realized you were merely joking either so your answer was a bit surprising to me also

And happy belated birthday btw
You look GREAT for any age
But look fabulous for being 70

Clearly it WAS the lack of smiley faces
Bratti, l did add one of my famous exclamation marks!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top