Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:26 PM

Re: Make your own laundry soap?

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I NEVER watch ads, so I am not positively influenced by them at all! In fact if a product was highly advertised and in my face, I would be much more unlikely to use it. We had a rule when the kids were small, if a toy was advertised on TV, they weren't getting it as a pressie, as it wasn't likely to be much good. I use the same product that has served me well for a good while.
Do you only watch BBC then ? It must be very restrictive viewing in your house
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It must bring a warm glow to multinationals like Unilever and Procter and Gamble that even in the 21st Century that there are still people who believe that some products 'wash whiter than white' and that all that money spent conjuring up meaningless terms like 'Lemon charged' and 'Razzle Dazzle White' wasn't wasted.
My brother in law worked in the industry as a stationary engineer for many years. Told us all the detergent products were the same formula, just coloured and scented and packaged differently.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Do you only watch BBC then ? It must be very restrictive viewing in your house
The BBC channels are the ones we watch most. When we view a commercial channel we either record the programme we wish to watch so we can forward wind the ads, or turn the sound off when they come on as we dislike them so much.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top