Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 08:44 PM

Re: Nichola Sturgeon

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And I think she's just bloody boring.

How can you say exactly the same thing day after day?

If she were a stand-up comedian, she'd have been out on her ear after the second day.
She is a comedian and even when she is standing up she looks as though she is sitting down.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
She is a comedian and even when she is standing up she looks as though she is sitting down.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Frankly she is a total pain.
I reckon within the year she will be gone and forgotton.
Hopefully.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:14 PM

When she fails to convince the Scots to break away from the UK she may fall on her sword like the fishman did only for some other zealot to step into her shoes and start the whole referendum process all over again.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:35 PM

It's tempting to let her have her second referendum, and the two choices

You win - off you go then; no more subsidy from the UK; take your chances on your own or with the EU or anyone who will have you

You lose - that's it then, you've had another go and lost; this isn't the best of five, love; now stop whining and don't bother asking again
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
it's tempting to let her have her second referendum, and the two choices

you win - off you go then; no more subsidy from the uk; take your chances on your own or with the eu or anyone who will have you

you lose - that's it then, you've had another go and lost; this isn't the best of five, love; now stop whining and don't bother asking again
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:11 AM

An independent Scotland's chance of joining the EU is pretty much zero. I was reading a report the other day which made it clear that Spain would veto any such move. Spain are paranoid that Catalonia might secede from the Spanish state and join the EU as an independent nation, so they would move heaven and earth to prevent Scotland from setting such a precedent.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
An independent Scotland's chance of joining the EU is pretty much zero. I was reading a report the other day which made it clear that Spain would veto any such move. Spain are paranoid that Catalonia might secede from the Spanish state and join the EU as an independent nation, so they would move heaven and earth to prevent Scotland from setting such a precedent.
I agree.

However, unfortunately, I'm sure this won't make her shut up!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:32 AM

The trouble with her is at the moment she's whipping up anti Scottish feeling which is sad. Most people either love Scotland or have no real feeling about it as they've never visited. But this keeps making it look like Scotland hate us ! No one can love for very long against a backdrop of the other person hating them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The trouble with her is at the moment she's whipping up anti Scottish feeling which is sad. Most people either love Scotland or have no real feeling about it as they've never visited. But this keeps making it look like Scotland hate us ! No one can love for very long against a backdrop of the other person hating them.
You're right.

If, as I suspect, the majority of Scots want to remain within the UK and, more importantly, want to remain friends with the English and continue to receive Barnett formula handouts, they should table a vote of no confidence in the fish woman and her SNP.

Instead of a second independence referendum, the Scots should have another election vote for the Scottish Parliament membership.

In any event, when the next general election comes long, I have a distinct feeling that we'll see the SNP virtually disappear.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top