Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:27 PM

Re: Hairgrips

Spitty, when I was a kid, I remember my Mum doing her ears with a hair grip. She ended up with a perforated ear drum.
Tis true an' all.

Do what Morti said and use a banana.
We like to be helpful if we can.

(p.s. It was handy that Question thread weren't it).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:28 PM

I use the point of an old nail file, not to get rid of excessive earwax per se but to dig out bits of brick dust that has found its way into my lugholes when chopping walls out to fit socket boxes. Works like a charm as long as you don't go in to deep.

Edited to add. When we were kids, my mum used to warm up some olive oil on a teaspoon and pour into our ears to cure earache and dissolve excess wax. The ear then had a light `plug` of cotton wool put in the opening and we laid down with the affected ear on a cushion or similar. The wax was collected on the cotton wool which was then discarded.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Art ,syringing is horrible....Ive had it done several times and it feels awful
Aysa, Did you look at what came out of your ears? some people love to graphically describe what came out of their ears after the syringing! Yuk, Yuk!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
i wouldn't like to have my ears syringed either. I read somewhere syringing causes Tinnitus??
Have your ears syringed at your own peril.
I did once ...never again.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:30 PM

Aysa, Did you look at what came out of your ears? some people love to graphically describe what came out of their ears after the syringing! Yuk, Yuk!
OMG ... I'll nip back and edit my post pronto before anyone reads it.

Whew, done! .. I've never scrolled , typed and clicked so fast .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:32 PM

LOLOL Art nooooooooooooo!!!!!! hahahahaha I couldnt look,it felt like a really loud "whooshing" noise in my ear then everything was loud and noisy
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Have your ears syringed at your own peril.
I did once ...never again.
Any photos?!!

Morti, I have just seen you have edited your post! Please can you re-instate it, as you've ruined my joke! Spoilsport!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-03-2016, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I use the point of an old nail file, not to get rid of excessive earwax per se but to dig out bits of brick dust that has found its way into my lugholes when chopping walls out to fit socket boxes. Works like a charm as long as you don't go in to deep.
Would wearing furry little ear muffs be better Judd?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Would wearing furry little ear muffs be better Judd?
It would, but you'd look a right tit on a building site.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Any photos?!!
No. But I did come back from hospital with some lovely little purple moulded inserts to pop in my lugs when I washed my hair or anything.

Anyone ever had their ears ' sucked out'?
It's a bit odd but my hearing was fantastic after.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top