Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:07 PM

Flash Fiction

Jamie Clearwater left the Headmaster’s office in a bit of a state. This was his first posting after leaving teacher training, and when he received the message that the Headmaster wanted to see him, he feared it might be about some sort of shortcoming in his performance. Afterwards, as he was walking back along the corridor to his classroom, he wished that a shortcoming had been the reason for his summons.

“Ah, come in, Mr. Clearwater,” said the Headmaster, on hearing a knock and seeing half of Jamie’s face peering round the slightly opened door. “Please, sit down.”

Jamie sat on the chair at the subordinate side of a large desk; by now sensing from the Headmaster’s smile that he might not be in trouble, after all. “You sent for me?”

“Yes. The thing is, Mr. Webster was supposed to be taking class 4B today for sex education, but he’s come down with something, and I see you have a free period this morning.”

Jamie’s mouth opened slightly, but nothing came out, so he closed it again.

“Here we are then.” Said the Head, passing him a banana and a packet of condoms, “Nothing too complicated, just show the little buggers how to put one of these things on. And don’t let them mess you about.”

Once back in the classroom, Jamie dropped the banana skin into the waste paper basket, reflected for a moment on not being able to remember eating the banana, and then turned to face his class.

Things went far better than he expected. Not only did the class not mess him about, but they gave him their undivided attention for the full duration of the lesson, and in complete silence. Overall, it seemed to have gone pretty well. It wasn’t long afterwards, of course, that Jamie Clearwater became aware that things had not gone well at all, and, as he was bundled into the striped car, later that afternoon on the last day of his short teaching career, he couldn’t help feeling that he should have known better than to think they had.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Re: Flash Fiction

No, no, no - that was wicked!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, no, no - that was wicked!
Yes, ST, the judge said something very similar.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:54 PM

Ah yes, the pedantry of words. You must, you must, you absolutely must explain exactly what you mean and not say anything that could be interpreted in a different way.

Eats shoots and leaves and all that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:04 AM

You certainly have the gift for story telling - you must have been a
Seanchaí in a previous life!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-12-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You certainly have the gift for story telling - you must have been a
Seanchaí in a previous life!
Telling them is easy; it's the thinking up of them that slows me down. The stories are few and far between.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:24 PM

There's nothing like a banana for a midmorning snack Harbal.......I prefer the older ripe ones though....
Sorry! what did he do with the condom?..
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-12-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I haven't studied the forum rules well enough to know if I could get away with answering that, Foxy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I haven't studied the forum rules well enough to know if I could get away with answering that, Foxy.
Just a reminder that we do have a Cheeky Chat forum for 'risky' posts.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There's nothing like a banana for a midmorning snack Harbal.......I prefer the older ripe ones though....
I believe the headmaster wanted him to put the condom on the banana to show the class how to correctly fit one
Instead, the teacher put it where one normally puts a condom and ate the banana since that's what people normally do with them, all because the headmaster wasn't specific enough with his instructions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top