Join for free
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Where Are All Those Marchers And Celebrities?

Take a look on Twitter. And wonder why the thousands of marchers and celebs are not out in their thousands to protest outside the Indonesian Embassy. Not trendy enough? Judge for yourselves after reading below.

Drawing back a cane,a masked man prepares to beat the woman kneeling before him on a stage - as the cheering crowd use their mobile phones to film the barbaric scene for their own entertainment.

Horrifying footage emerged yesterday of the woman being lashed in Indonesia.
She could be heard screaming in agony through her pink headscarf as the man beat her across her shoulders.
When she was hit for a fifth time, her body buckled and she collapsed to the ground as the crowd applauded.

The brutal punishment was handed down by a Sharia law court in Aceh, a semi-autonomous region on the island of Sumatra. It is not known what crime she was accused of.

In the video, the masked man teased the crowd by wiggling the cane near the woman’s back before beating her.
She was seen reaching back with her hand in an attempt to relieve the pain. After she collapsed, she was carried off the stage, unconscious, by three men, who appeared to be paramedics.

The beating, which took place in December 2015, was filmed by spectators and footage was posted on Twitter yesterday by journalist and activist Tarek Fatah, a vocal critic of Sharia.
He wrote, This isn’t Saudi Arabia or Iran. It is Indonesia’s Sharia-ruled Aceh province. Lashing is public entertainment.
Aceh is the only part of Indonesia that applies Sharia in full.

It came a week after a video emerged of a woman being lashed 28 times for having sex outside marriage, also in Aceh. Such punishments are quite common in some Muslim countries - often handed down for very minor reasons. In some places women can be lashed for being in public without a male guardian.

But protests against these countries are rare and when they do take place, there are far fewer demonstrators than the millions who marched against Donald Trump last month.

Yesterday, many expressed outrage online and suggested there are so few protests because the issue is “not trendy” or because it is not politically correct to criticise Muslim countries’ treatment of women.
One woman commented “So cruel and disgusting. This is what we should be protesting about”. Another added: “Where are all the women marchers and celebrities right now? Shouldn’t they be protesting this around the world? Shouldn’t the M.P's be condemning this on Twitter?”
Another wrote: “No women’s rights demonstrations outside the Indonesian Embassy?. Of course not! It is not PC to complain about the Neanderthal treatment of women by Islam.

Unquote.

Makes one think doesn’t it? Don’t you think what the millions have marched for makes Donald Trump look like a Liberal? Why aren’t they out in the same numbers for this barbaric, degrading and cruel treatment of women?

What are your views on this?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 12:50 PM

Re: Where Are All Those Marchers And Celebrities?

Well...I'm sitting here struggling to put my thoughts into words without resorting to foul language!

How does it make me feel? Angry. Sad. Contemptuous. Helpless.

Unless and until the abusers learn that woman, in this day and age, are and should be treated as equals, I'm afraid nothing will be done.

But yes, inwardly I was cursing at this foul treatment of the woman, no matter what 'crime' she committed.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 12:56 PM

It was beyond evil what was reported. A country where a woman is still a mere chattel and the men exert their dominance in the foulest way possible like the cowards they are.

I'll say this too, if they do that in public what on earth is going on behind closed doors.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 01:07 PM

Of course this is shocking and totally unacceptable in our current liberal climate. But let's not forget they only stopped birching young offenders on the Isle of Man in the late '70s and it didn't completely stop on the mainland in prisons until the '60s. It was ironically the European commission that forced its end...so only time will tell if post-Brexit one of these days one of our dailies starts a campaign for its return as a solution to all society's ills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsLJe_96IzQ

http://www.corpun.com/manx.htm
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Of course this is shocking and totally unacceptable in our current liberal climate. But let's not forget they only stopped birching young offenders on the Isle of Man in the late '70s and it didn't completely stop on the mainland in prisons until the '60s. It was ironically the European commission that forced its end...so only time will tell if post-Brexit one of these days one of our dailies starts a campaign for its return as a solution to all society's ills...

[url]https://www.y
http://www.corpun.com/manx.htm

Hi Annies, Yes, it was barbaric to use the birch on young offenders on the Isle of Man and I know it was abolished in the UK in 1948 because it was the year I was born.
But... I don't think one can compare birching, which was bad enough, with the degrading, cruel and barbaric public whipping of young women for simply something so simple and normal as stepping outside of their homes without a male guardian!! Dear Lord, what sort of medevial world are those poor women living in. What evil acts go on under the name of Sharia Law?

I say to anyone, and I mean anyone!, who takes part in or even supports Sharia Law, you are evil-minded, archaic, vile and despicable! you don't deserve to live within civilised society. I hope you rot in hell for your vile acts against innocent women.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 01:44 PM

As you say Shrops, it's not trendy. For some reason the marchers and protestors only pick on Western cultures.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Annies, Yes, it was barbaric to use the birch on young offenders on the Isle of Man and I know it was abolished in the UK in 1948 because it was the year I was born.
But... I don't think one can compare birching, which was bad enough, with the degrading, cruel and barbaric public whipping of young women for simply something so simple and normal as stepping outside of their homes without a male guardian!! Dear Lord, what sort of medevial world are those poor women living in. What evil acts go on under the name of Sharia Law?http://www.over50sforum.com/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

I say to anyone, and I mean anyone!, who takes part in or even supports Sharia Law, you are evil-minded, archaic, vile and despicable! you don't deserve to live within civilised society. I hope you rot in hell for your vile acts against innocent women.
And I would agree with you Shroppy. The real horror about these practices of Sharia law is that women from these groups have no choice about following the Muslim religion, it is compulsory. Marriages are often arranged so they are forced to sleep with a man they do not love... who is often older than them. Some of these women are married as very young teenagers, so they are children, ( but I notice that we are constantly reminded that the teenage boys in Calais , who want to come and live in the UK, are always called children).
Muslim women have no control of their own lives, and those who choose to defy Sharia Law and find a man they love, are beaten , or often killed, for doing so.
It is time that our government proclaimed that all Shariah law is illegal in our country, and those who practice it will be deported. Sadly the counties that use Sharia law are controlled by men, who like the practice of this law, and the only way to beat them is to draw these evil laws to the attention of the whole world, so that the protests will be so strong that it will affect their pockets!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 05:45 PM

By chance I caught the last part of a report on BBC 24 news about the high rate of unemployment in the Muslim community in Britain

When you hear of things like this it's hardly surprising
Alright, I know that's in Indonesia, but it doesn't exactly encourage employers does it?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Involve a filmcrew or Royalty to those objecting and the celebrities will crawl out of the woodwork.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Take a look on Twitter. And wonder why the thousands of marchers and celebs are not out in their thousands to protest outside the Indonesian Embassy. Not trendy enough? Judge for yourselves after reading below.

Drawing back a cane,a masked man prepares to beat the woman kneeling before him on a stage - as the cheering crowd use their mobile phones to film the barbaric scene for their own entertainment.

Horrifying footage emerged yesterday of the woman being lashed in Indonesia.
She could be heard screaming in agony through her pink headscarf as the man beat her across her shoulders.
When she was hit for a fifth time, her body buckled and she collapsed to the ground as the crowd applauded.

The brutal punishment was handed down by a Sharia law court in Aceh, a semi-autonomous region on the island of Sumatra. It is not known what crime she was accused of.

In the video, the masked man teased the crowd by wiggling the cane near the woman’s back before beating her.
She was seen reaching back with her hand in an attempt to relieve the pain. After she collapsed, she was carried off the stage, unconscious, by three men, who appeared to be paramedics.

The beating, which took place in December 2015, was filmed by spectators and footage was posted on Twitter yesterday by journalist and activist Tarek Fatah, a vocal critic of Sharia.
He wrote, This isn’t Saudi Arabia or Iran. It is Indonesia’s Sharia-ruled Aceh province. Lashing is public entertainment.
Aceh is the only part of Indonesia that applies Sharia in full.

It came a week after a video emerged of a woman being lashed 28 times for having sex outside marriage, also in Aceh. Such punishments are quite common in some Muslim countries - often handed down for very minor reasons. In some places women can be lashed for being in public without a male guardian.

But protests against these countries are rare and when they do take place, there are far fewer demonstrators than the millions who marched against Donald Trump last month.

Yesterday, many expressed outrage online and suggested there are so few protests because the issue is “not trendy” or because it is not politically correct to criticise Muslim countries’ treatment of women.
One woman commented “So cruel and disgusting. This is what we should be protesting about”. Another added: “Where are all the women marchers and celebrities right now? Shouldn’t they be protesting this around the world? Shouldn’t the M.P's be condemning this on Twitter?”
Another wrote: “No women’s rights demonstrations outside the Indonesian Embassy?. Of course not! It is not PC to complain about the Neanderthal treatment of women by Islam.

Unquote.

Makes one think doesn’t it? Don’t you think what the millions have marched for makes Donald Trump look like a Liberal? Why aren’t they out in the same numbers for this barbaric, degrading and cruel treatment of women?

What are your views on this?
Not fashionable enough .
Also it's old news been going on for years
Who cares about a few women when their are helpless Muslim ( male ) 'children 'coming in by the boatload ?

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top